Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2008 Quest Overheating Forums > > 2008 Quest Overheating 2008 Quest Overheating
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 06-13-2014, 07:05 AM
1998 Altima

Default 2008 Quest Overheating

I've got a problem that I can't seem to fix and need some help please....

Engine temp runs fine when driving and moving. However sometime when stopped or driving really slow like in heave traffic the temp gauge will start to fluctuate and then go up to about 3/4 at which time the AC quits blowing cold. Then after a few minutes the gauge will go back down again and will start blowing cold AC again. I understand the reason for the AC not blowing cold is becuase of the engine temp, so that's what I'm trying to figure out. And to make matters worse, it doesn't ALWAYS happen.

So far I have replaced the radiator (high speed) fans, radiator cap, thermostat, and had the radiator flushed and filled. Spent about $350 so far and the problem hasn't changed a bit.

What else could it be?

thanks.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:49 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

1. verify that cooling fans that you have replaced turns on when its suppose to. it's good if you have a temp. gauge so you know exactly at what temp. the fans kick in.
2. have your a/c system inspected for leaks that cause loss of freon.
3. if 1&2 checks out, air could be present in the cooling system after you did the flush. you will need to bleed the cooling system.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:43 AM
1998 Altima

Thanks for the reply.

1. The fans do come on and the old ones came on too. I replaced them becuase I wondered if maybe the old fans didn't spin as fast as they needed to, thus not cooling properly. But nothing changed after installin new fans.

2. Had AC system checked and charged at begginning of summer. Was down half a pound but mechanic added freon and checked for leaks... all good.

3. Problem existed before flush and after the flush.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:39 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

1. you may need cooling system flush including the heater core.
2. if there was no leak, there shouldn't be any loss of Freon. so you might want to keep an eye on that.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:34 AM
1998 Altima

Turned out to be the radiator. I ended up taking it to the Nissan dealer because I was at a complete loss of what to do next. They said that coolant wasn't flowing properly through the radiator. And turns out, they were correct.

Problem solved.

Tags
2008, overheating, quest