Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Nissan Tech please help ..07 Quest Forums > > Nissan Tech please help ..07 Quest Nissan Tech please help ..07 Quest
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 04-11-2014, 05:52 AM
2007 Quest

Default Nissan Tech please help ..07 Quest

What can cause doggie, sluggish performance....(getting 14mpg) and an occasional intermitting hot engine start then stall??... the engine cranks over, but shakes a bit (under 1 rpm) and dies ... The stall only happens with engine hot.... has to sit for 15 to 30 minutes ..then it start/stalls...when this occurs the van has to cool for another 30 to 45 minutes ...starts right up.. big problem is NO CODES and this may happen once every 2 weeks or a month.....I replaced the MAF sensor because one time it stalled, I unhooked it and the van started back up......I had a shop look at it, plug into it ..run it for 2 days and they have no answers ....please help with Ideas!!
Old 04-11-2014, 03:40 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHIFFER View Post
The stall only happens with engine hot.... has to sit for 15 to 30 minutes ..then it start/stalls...when this occurs the van has to cool for another 30 to 45 minutes ...starts right up.. big problem is NO CODES and this may happen once every 2 weeks or a month.....
1. Owners of Maxima and Sentras have reported the same symptoms exhibited by your '07 Quest. The symptoms point to a failed Camshaft Position Sensors. So have your mechanic inspect and test the camshaft sensors. Also inspect circuit wiring and body ground connections. Refer to Engine Control manual starting on page EC-387.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:19 PM
2007 Quest

thanks for the help ...I will check into that ..can that affect the transmission as well?...I'm checking fuel pressure as well..problem seems like a vapor lock...
thanks
Old 07-21-2014, 05:38 AM
2007 Quest

Follow up.. I finally got time to check fuel pressure ....does anyone know if 40psi is acceptable??? with the engine at idle.....if I revved the engine it bounced between 38 to 42psi.....and after I turned it off it held at 40........ Putting in 92 petroleum based gas made the engine run better and no hot engine stalls.....Also can a bad cam position sensor not throw a code???

Last edited by SCHIFFER; 07-21-2014 at 05:42 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:32 AM
G47

it is possible the cam position sensor or crank position sensor to stall the car and not trip the engine light on, we usually recommend to replace all 3 sensors when the car starts to stall

service manual says fuel pressure is suppose to be 51psi at idle

Nissan Tech please help ..07 Quest-capture-png
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Tech please help ..07 Quest-capture-png  
Old 07-22-2014, 08:05 AM
2007 Quest

I would believe that if we had a bad sensor, that changing from 89 octane (w/10%ethanol) to 92 octane (without ethanol) gas would still produce the same hot engine start issues...similar to a vapor lock...and the fuel pressure would be correct... one other note...the fuel pressure dropped from 40 to 30 about an hr to 2 hrs later....
I going after the pressure regulator/pump....
Old 08-06-2014, 10:00 AM
2007 Quest

Just an update to share ...Installed the new fuel pump and sending unit ....fixed the issue ....fuel economy came back as well as throttle response.
thanks

Tags
nissan, quest, tech