Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2004 Nissan Quest not getting gas Forums > > 2004 Nissan Quest not getting gas 2004 Nissan Quest not getting gas
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 02-01-2014, 04:02 PM
2004 Quest

Default 2004 Nissan Quest not getting gas

Hi everyone! I am coming here desperately hoping someone can answer my questions. Thanks in advance for any and all help. Here is the problem.

My 2004 Nissan Quest started acting sluggish when I would start it. I thought it was probably the battery so I purchased a brand new battery. Now the car will start and idle beautifully however, I have no inside lights, no headlights, no horn, no power windows, power door locks, and the key fob doesn't work. The van will only idle as well. I can press the gas pedal down and it may jump up 200 rpms, if that. I called my Nissan dealer and he told me that it was the alternator. So I replaced that but still having the same problems.

So here are my questions...

The BCM controls the interior lights, what else does it control?

If I purchase a used BCM does it need to be programmed?

If it does need to be programmed, can I take it to the dealer to have it programmed or do I have to buy a new one from them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This was my only van and driving a family of 7 around in a Subaru isn't working too well for us! lol
Old 02-03-2014, 11:05 AM
G47

have you checked fuses and relays?
Do you have have any codes?
everything goes through the BCM, so if the BCM is bad it will need to be replaced and you will need to reprogram it. The dealer can reprogram it.

Tags
2004, ecm, gas, nissan, quest