Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Front Blower Intermittant Problems Forums > > Front Blower Intermittant Problems Front Blower Intermittant Problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 09-19-2013, 06:23 PM
1999 Quest

Default Front Blower Intermittant Problems

Hey y'all!

OK. 1999 Quest. Replaced the resistor for the front blower motor controls as it was either off or high. Now all speeds work. Sometimes. Other times the motor does not respond at all. I thought it might have some blockage that was resisting it's turning as it seemed to work a couple times when I kicked the housing, but that only worked a couple times and more often does not. Sometimes it just decides to work - usually when I just start the vehicle, but that correlation is anything but conclusive.

I was thinking of trying to open the compartment up and prod around, but prodding around is exactly what I would be doing - I don't know if I can easily open the compartment that houses the blower assembly up, and even if I can, I would be shooting in the dark.

Anyone have experience tracking down this kind of problem? Is it possible (God forbid) that some darned electronic module is causing the intermittent problem, or is it more likely a mechanical problem? If an EM, I am really in trouble.

Please advise, as cold weather is on it's way! I don't care much about a/c, but heat is rather important here in Colorado Springs...

Many thanks to all of you for your help.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

As you can see from the attached diagram, the circuit is very simple and if the resistor and fuses are OK (Fuses OK since it works at times), then more than likely the problem is the blower motor.

Front Blower Intermittant Problems-capture-png
Attached Thumbnails
Front Blower Intermittant Problems-capture-png  
Old 09-20-2013, 04:14 AM
1999 Quest

MUCH appreciated!

Thank-you.

p.s. Is there a resource that I can access these diagrams?

Last edited by brucemc777; 09-20-2013 at 04:16 AM. Reason: To inclue the post-script
Old 09-20-2013, 03:43 PM
1999 Quest

Besides wishing to know if there is a place I can access electrical diagrams such as what you provided, what might your thoughts be on those blower motor relays I see in there? With other older electrical systems I would occasionally find corroded contacts either not making a connection or sticking together. Are these in one of the fuse blocks by any chance?