Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
'07 Quest bottoming out rear suspension.... Forums > > '07 Quest bottoming out rear suspension.... '07 Quest bottoming out rear suspension....
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 09-07-2013, 11:03 AM
2007 Quest

Default '07 Quest bottoming out rear suspension....

Family has grown a bit, but we loaded into the van for a trip a week ago and it was riding so low the rear tires were obviously at an angle. We canceled the trip due to other issues, but this is not the first time this has happened, it was just the worst.

Oh and the ride back there is horrid. It is almost like they didn't design the van to actually be full of adults (I have 4 teenagers, 19-13, add luggage and you have a bit of a load)

I did the age old hop test on the rear bumper, and it goes down, up a little and stops....so the struts are completely shot.

I am leery of putting much stiffer anything back there for fear the ride will go to heck in a handbasket, but I am unsure what to do.

Any suggestions? I note some air lift kits out there...if that is what I need to do that is fine but would appreciate some internet wisdom here.

Dave
Old 09-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Some manufactures have stronger shocks, but I have seen (or I haven't look for) for your 2007 Quest. I do know that some customers claim that the KYB shocks are a bit stronger than the OEM.

Air lift kits are OK if you overload you Quest all the time, if you overload your Quest only some times, then you should try aftermarket shocks instead. Keep in mind that air lifts come with their own problems and installation could be more expensive.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:15 PM
2006 Quest
2007 Murano
2006 Quest

Default '07 Quest bottoming out rear suspension....

Hi, I have an '06 with KYB shocks, but I went ahead and installed myself, suspension airbags. Costing about $100 plus shipping, it took about an hour or so to install the pair and run the lines.

It went a long way to increasing the comfort in the van especially when fully loaded. Bottoming out has mostly been a thing of the past.

The other reason why I installed the airbags is that I had to tow a 15' U-Haul trailer recently and I also have a hitch-mounted bike rack which holds 6 bikes.

IMHO it's an inexpensive fix for your bottoming out problems.