Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
'04 Quest Won't Start- DTCs P1273 and P420 Forums > > '04 Quest Won't Start- DTCs P1273 and P420 '04 Quest Won't Start- DTCs P1273 and P420
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 08-17-2013, 10:10 AM
SkylerMcTreetops

Question '04 Quest Won't Start- DTCs P1273 and P420

My wife's Quest died on her the other day as she was driving at about 50mph. After pulling over she tried to start it again, cranked and cranked for days but did not start. When I got to her about 15min later, I smelled a burnt electrical smell in the passenger cabin as soon as I opened the drivers door. DTC codes read 1273 and P420. I know what these codes tell me but most info on these codes do not mention anything about what to do if the engine won't start. Are there any service bulletins out there referencing the specific symptoms I'm experiencing?
Cheers fellers!
Sky
Old 08-19-2013, 02:12 PM
G47

there is a service bulletin NTB04-027a for code P1273, which also says there is an ECU update

2004 Nissan Quest Service Bulletins - Nissanhelp.com

but if you smelled something burned I would start by looking for what burned

Last edited by G47; 08-19-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:53 PM
2015 Rogue

Remove the ecm and check it for corrosion on the bottom side. It is common to see the bottom corroded through. Also make sure the negative battery cable is still connected at both mounting points, one to the inner fender and one to the transmission case. They usually corrode and come off at the transmission case and melt the coils.
ASE Master Certified.

Tags
dtcs, electrical, p1273, p420, quest, start