Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
rear power sliding door won't close fully Forums > > rear power sliding door won't close fully rear power sliding door won't close fully
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 04-24-2013, 12:36 PM
2007 Quest

Question rear power sliding door won't close fully

Hi all,

I recently purchased a '07 Quest with power sliding doors. After getting a battery jump the rear pass. door doesn't close fully anymore, leaving the warning light etc. on. I then have to step out and manually push the door further to latch. I have tried disconnecting the battery (again) and the initialization sequence from the manual, but no change.

The car had the same problem when i first bought it, after they jumped it to get started on the lot. At that time, a mechanic there was able to fix the door problem within 15 minutes. unfortunately, that shop is 500 miles away, and I haven't been able to get anyone on the phone that knows how they fixed it.

The fact that it's showing the same symptoms after a second battery jump, makes me think it's the same problem with an easy fix, that shouldn't require a trip to the dealer.

Anyone have any ideas? Much appreciated.

Thanks -- Erwin
Old 05-05-2013, 06:59 AM
2007 Quest

Default solved

Problem solved, the latches were gunked up. I clean and lubed the latches, and the problem went away. No connection to the jump start.

thanks -- Erwin
Old 08-16-2017, 02:33 PM
2006 Quest

I have a similar problem, what exactly did you do?

Tags
close, door, fully, power, rear, sliding