Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Installing a backup camera on a 2012 Forums > > Installing a backup camera on a 2012 Installing a backup camera on a 2012
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 02-23-2013, 09:07 PM
2012 Quest

Question Installing a backup camera on a 2012

Looking for tips from anyone who has installed a wired backup camera on a base model "S" van.

I spent several hours just taking apart the dash to replace the stereo. I was amazed at how Nissan makes all their panels interlock. It makes for a nice finished look but it makes taking things apart a real pain in the butt.

I am sitting here staring at the run I would have to make from the back to the front and I can't figure out how I can get the video cable routed easily. Here are my road blocks, to remove the back pillar garnish is a huge task because you have to remove the back seat, the lower rear panel and finally the back pillar garnish.

Perhaps I should go with a wireless system?

Anyone else tackled this problem?
Old 03-02-2013, 03:03 PM
2012 Quest

I finished my backup camera installation and will post the instructions here soon.

It is a lot of work on this Quest van because all the body panels are interlocked with the panel below it so most of the dash board needs to be removed.

Tags
2012, backup, camera, installing