Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2007 Quest Battery Draining Forums > > 2007 Quest Battery Draining 2007 Quest Battery Draining
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 06-21-2012, 02:09 PM
2007 Quest

Default 2007 Quest Battery Draining

This is an intermittent problem; occasionally the battery will drain to the point of no starting when the van is turned off and key removed. Jump starting fixes everything. Battery and alternator check good, have not attempted to pull any codes (yet). Today, I started the van, ran it for a few minutes then turned it off. Packed the van opened and shut the doors a few times, all normal. Couple hours later would not start, just clicking relays. I actually noticed the clicking before I got into the van (KEY OUT). Opened the hood and the IPDM cover, initially thought it was the ECM relay clicking, pulled the relay, clicking stopped there but other relays clicking, including one under the dash by the fuses. Again, this is all with the key out and the vehicle off. Jump started, all normal, ran fine all day, cannot duplicate. Is there any way to troubleshoot the individual relays? I thought this may also be ignition switch related since key was out, but again tough to diagnose when it gets jumpedf and is normal for days. next will be to hook an ammeter to figure out if there is a huge drain with the vehicle off, but again, seems to work for a long while just fine, then something drains the heck out of the battery.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:06 AM
2008 Quest
2004 Frontier Crew Cab

Default Same Issue with 2008

I'm having the same issue with our 2008 Nissan Quest. Happened again last night. This is the second time. The first was over a month ago. Also having an issue with the radio power occasionally cutting out and the interior light fuse keeps blowing every time I replace it. Anyone have any solutions to this?

Tags
2007, battery, draining, quest, relays