Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Installation of 110V outlet - removal of rear panel Forums > > Installation of 110V outlet - removal of rear panel Installation of 110V outlet - removal of rear panel
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 07-08-2013, 06:40 PM
2004 Quest

Default Installation of 110V outlet - removal of rear panel

I'm copying some things I did on my '03 VW van to turn my '04 Quest into a mini RV. One thing we did was to install a 110V outlet inside the van in the rear on the side wall. We basically installed the outlet into the side panel and ran the cord thru the inside of the vehicle (between the plastic and outside sheet metal) back to the tail light area where we hid it. Pull up at a campsite, pull out the cord and plug in and presto - 110V in the van like an RV.

My question is how tough is it to pull the side panel on the drivers side between the tailgate up to past the rear seat? The outlet will go perfectly in that little cubbie where the pad folds up and down by the cup holder. Anyone take that panel off before? The cord will probably be stored under the van or in the bumper - still deciding on that location.

Also pondering putting in a 2nd battery and an inverter for some rear aux lights etc. to copy our VW, but can't find a good spot without filling up the rear seat storage hole. That one's gonna take some thought...

Tags
110v, installation, outlet, panel, rear, removal