Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
1995 quest injector issues Forums > > 1995 quest injector issues 1995 quest injector issues
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 06-17-2010, 06:42 PM
montrealquest

Default 1995 quest injector issues

Good day all, new to NissanHelp, hope to pick some brains...

1995 Quest (Villager; same animal) was hesitating, running on 4-5 cylinders with a CEL but would clear up after about 10 minutes and run fine. Some shifting problems. TPS was replaced, no change. Pulled the codes and got Ignition Fualt (because I pulled a couple of spark plug wires to do a power balance test), knock sensor (yeah, whatever, lol) and Injector Fault (code 51). Now the van will not start.

Good spark, good fuel pressure, and it will run on ether. No voltage to the intectors when cranking. Checked terminal 109 on the ECU (injector power in) and it has voltage. All fuses are good. No voltage out on 103-105-etc which are all the injector "out" pins when cranking. Had the ECU tested, guy says it is OK. There is continuity on the harness between the ECU and the injectors

If I jump 109 on the ECU to any one of the injector outputs, it will feed voltage to the injectors and almost run when cranked. I'm thinking that the ECU is bad, even tho I was told it is good.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Quest in Montreal
Old 06-17-2010, 09:38 PM
deeznuts

When you say 103-105 are you referring to the ecm terminals or F103-F105 at the injectors? The ecm doesn't supply voltage to the injectors, it only provides a ground. In the form of a pulse. Don't believe you could measure that with a standard dvom (that's why they have noid lights). Your injectors receive power from a 25amp fuse link. Have you checked for voltage at the injectors, at the sub-harness? If the injectors don't have power, then you'll never see anything at the ecm. I would start by checking for voltage at the sub-harness, then at the injectors.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:24 AM
montrealquest

Hey Deez, thanks for getting back so quick. I mean 103 etc at the ecm. I've tested with noid lights, nothing at all. Using a grounded test light, I get a ground pulse on the injectors when I spin the distributor by hand, but no voltage at the injectors - but the fact that I can get it to run by feeding 12 volts up the ground means that I have an open circuit somewhere between the fusible link and the injector harness...so I guess my next step will be the sub harness that runs through connector E30-F28 - thanks for your input!
Old 10-17-2010, 06:29 PM
montrealquest

Default More brain picking

Hey - hope this pops back up - otherwise I'll open a new thread....

1995 Quest, problems as described above - found a bad wire in the harness for the injectors, but the car still misfires only when warm. Cold morning, starts fine, runs great, but the transmission shifts hard, as if it hasnt' "learned" yet - and sometimes goes into limp home mode. Once warm and shut down for an hour or so, CEL light on and misfires on one or two cylinders. Cap, rotor wires and plugs and TPS changed...

When it's running on 5 cyl, the shift points are highers, don't know if this is an indicator of anything..

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Tags
1995, ecm, injector, no start, quest