Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
05 Quest 3rd row seat Forums > > 05 Quest 3rd row seat 05 Quest 3rd row seat
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 03-15-2009, 02:20 PM
sharonwebber65

Default 05 Quest 3rd row seat

The third row seat in my 2005 Quest will not fold down and stow, the locks on each side will not release. Any suggestions?
Old 06-13-2012, 06:38 PM
2004 Quest
2006 Titan Crew Cab
2004 Quest

Default 04 Quest with same problem

My 04 quest has the same problem. Incidentally, I had the seat folded into the floor when someone rear ended me. When the van was repaired and returned to us, we did not inspect its functionality and left it up. Upon trying to put a large item in the back, when I pushed the button that releases the latches on the side, I heard a click. I am assuming the cable that disengages the latches broke. I am definitely waiting for response to this thread as I too, would like to fix this problem.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Quest
2004 Quest

I would talk to the body shop that fixed the van and let them know about the seat not folding. My guess is they can fix it pretty quick.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:28 PM
2004 Quest
2006 Titan Crew Cab
2004 Quest

I called to have them inspect the seat and was told that if it is not their problem, I would have to pay for the repair of the seat--at 4 hours worth of labor in addition to the cost of a new seat. I guess I should have figured that was going to be the response.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:15 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Quest
2004 Quest

Wow! The next step is to talk to the insurance company and tell them the seat wasn't fixed properly. This shouldn't be a confrontation between you and repair shop. My guess is it was broken in the accident and simply missed during the repair.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:29 AM
2004 Quest
2006 Titan Crew Cab
2004 Quest

I will be doing that today. I can't believe there are no other threads to this problem. I certainly enjoyed putting my seat down to transport large items.

Tags
3rd, quest, row, seat