Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Armada (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/armada/)
-   -   Need advice on buying an Armada 2018 (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/armada/31802-need-advice-buying-armada-2018-a.html)

ctniners 11-27-2019 08:37 PM

Need advice on buying an Armada 2018

Hello,
We have 2 choices for 2 Armadas, 1 SL and one Platinum both 2018...so here is the debate:

The SL is selling with taxes and fees for $33k and the Platinum with taxes and all fees for $39k
The SL has 48k miles and the Platinum has 37k

Both are Factory Certified with the 84 months 100k warranty.

Would you go for the $6k more expensive Platinum or would you save the $6k and go for the SL.

I am new to Armadas but Im trying to choose one and I only have about 2 days to make up our mind.

Thanks for all the help!

smj999smj 11-28-2019 01:37 AM

So, it looks like the Platinum has the SL features plus the following:

-20-in. tinted aluminum wheels
-Power moonroof
-Intelligent Rear View Mirror
-Intelligent Cruise Control and Intelligent Distance Control
-Heated and cooled front seats plus heated outboard second row seats and heated steering wheel
-Available second row captain's chairs
-Tri-zone entertainment system with dual 8-in. monitors, DVD player, and wireless headphones
-Additional USB port

Now, the question should be: "Are those extra options worth an additional $6K to you?" As far as whether those are good prices for those vehicles, you can look them up on NADA.com and a CARFAX report would be a good idea, as well. Expect fuel mileage around 14 MPG combined, much less if you do a fair amount of stop and go driving or if you're not light on the pedal.

ctniners 11-28-2019 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smj999smj (Post 108205)

-Power moonroof
-Heated and cooled front seats plus heated outboard second row seats and heated steering wheel
-Tri-zone entertainment system with dual 8-in. monitors, DVD player, and wireless headphones
-Additional USB port

Now, the question should be: "Are those extra options worth an additional $6K to you?" As far as whether those are good prices for those vehicles, you can look them up on NADA.com and a CARFAX report would be a good idea, as well. Expect fuel mileage around 14 MPG combined, much less if you do a fair amount of stop and go driving or if you're not light on the pedal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smj999smj (Post 108205)

-Power moonroof
-Additional USB port

Thanks for the reply...so in terms of the features Im only attracted by these:

-Bling Spot Warning - The SL doesn't have it.

The DVD system is pretty useless these days as both of my kids watch everything in their Ipads...I wish this Platinum had the captain seats for the back row but it has the regular bench seat for the second row.

In terms of prices those dead on KBB prices (both prices I gave were including all the taxes, dealers fees etc)...also in terms of gas well my wife wants to get something to pull our camper and these 2 are the cheaper options and all of big V8 that pull 8,500 LBs will give that kind of mileage.

The decision comes down if anybody would pay $6K more for 10k less miles and a truck with all the bells and whistles...or if they would rather save the $6k dollars and dont mind getting the SL with almost 50k miles and less whistles....

thanks again...all inputs are appreciated.

smj999smj 12-01-2019 01:26 AM

Well, if you really want the features you mentioned, then it seems you want the Platinum. KBB.com is a good site, but I've found their price evaluations to be on the "high side."