Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Frontier (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/frontier/)
-   -   IPDM problems ? (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/frontier/25774-ipdm-problems.html)

hardluckhankins 07-28-2013 02:46 PM

IPDM problems ?

I drive a 2005 frontier LE crewcab, last year ECM failed & was replaced under recall. At 118,00 same symptoms as ECM relay. I replaced but did not fix problem. Engine stalled while driving, no warning, no dash warning lights work until I come to complete stop. Always in the heat of the afternoon. Truck always starts after short time & runs great. Only do to it again a few minutes later. Other times can drive 50 miles without a problem. Is this consistant with IPDM failure ??? Thanks for any assistance I can get.

smj999smj 07-29-2013 10:27 PM

Sounds more like a faulty camshaft position sensor or crankshaft position sensor. Any stored code? Note: if you replace any of those sensors, stick with genuine Nissan parts. I replaced a camshaft sensor last week on an Altima 2.5 that came from Advance Auto Parts that lasted 3 weeks. Have heard similar issues from others.

hardluckhankins 07-30-2013 06:19 AM

thanks

codes have been all over the place, every thing from fuel pump, fuel gauge senors, converters, etc. Already ordered new IPDM will post results.
Thanks again.

BlueT 08-04-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardluckhankins (Post 91542)
I drive a 2005 frontier LE crewcab, last year ECM failed & was replaced under recall. At 118,00 same symptoms as ECM relay. I replaced but did not fix problem. Engine stalled while driving, no warning, no dash warning lights work until I come to complete stop. Always in the heat of the afternoon. Truck always starts after short time & runs great. Only do to it again a few minutes later. Other times can drive 50 miles without a problem. Is this consistant with IPDM failure ??? Thanks for any assistance I can get.

Happened to me years ago - driving along and out of nowhere it shuts down.
And thats dangerous. Imagine going 80 mph on a crowded highway and it's like putting on the breaks. At the time, towed the truck to the dealer and they replaced the IPDM.

Oh and it was a while ago, but it sounds like the same thing, it would shut down, wait about 20-30 minutes and it would start again (I remember it happend about 1 mile from home, sat on a back street until about 20 min and it fired up again). but eventually it will break down totally no matter how long you let it sit, it wont start back up again -- hence the tow into the dealer. That was about 3 years ago and just a few days ago I noticed it shut down for 1 second then back to life. I'd have to look at my old post here, but I think I wrote something about

hardluckhankins 08-17-2013 08:08 AM

IPDM not the answer

Well replacing the IPDM was not the answer. I am getting an error code for Catacitic convert so I guess they will be next. Thinking if I get that code cleared will be better able to solve stalling problems !!!! This is really tuening into a money pit !!!