Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Armada (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/armada/)
-   -   Flashing Air Bag Light (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/armada/2415-flashing-air-bag-light.html)

bobbyarmada 04-07-2007 06:06 AM

Flashing Air Bag Light

The airbag warning light started flashing recently. I had it serviced at the local dealership and was told that one of the wiring harnesses was grounding. My luck this is not covered by the extended service contract!!! There solution is to replace all the wiring harnesses (under the passenger seat - I was told there are about 6 different harnesses) and only charge me about $800. Is there a better solution? I'm fairly good with fixing electrical issues if I know where to start.

NissanTech 04-07-2007 09:36 AM

Hello

It is not recommend to repair the air bag system wire harness, but it is possible. First you need to find out what is the code store in the air bag control unit. Once you get the code it will more easy to trace the wire that is giving you the problem. Ask the dealer for the code and let us know.

gallagher999 05-28-2007 05:29 PM

flashing air bag light

I had to disconnect my factory radio in order to direct connect my Sirius tuner. As soon as I reconnected the radio harness, the air bag light on the dash started flashing. It was more of a pain than anything. My truck was under warrantee at the time and the Nissan dealership reset the code for nothing. Reseting a code no matter where you go should not cost you too much. It def should not cost $800. It should be no more than $50. You can take it to pretty much anyone to reset the code. Try that first.

gallagher999 05-28-2007 05:33 PM

flashing air bag light

Take it too a different Nissan Dealership. They all have diff rules. Sometimes you will find a better customer service manager who will bend over backwards to help you out instead of trying to rip you off charging you $800. Keep trying different dealerships until you get several opinions.

Nickoli415 08-30-2007 08:51 PM

Try This, I got this from ClubArmada.com It worked for me.

Since some of you guys here are new owners I thought I'd save you a trip to the dealer once you start modifing your armada's. I'm not sure what set's it off (other than pulling things apart) but at some point you will likely end up with a flashing airbag sensor light. Here is how to reset it yourself.

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

heidispathfinder10 09-10-2007 11:48 AM

does this really work?

I just bought an 05 pathfinder and the airbag sensor light is on. The prev. owners had taken out their sat. radio, I am wondering if that is what triggered the light to come on, does reseting the sensor this way really work? Has anyone else out there tried it?

lippytribe 12-08-2007 07:33 PM

I just tried Nickoli415's procedure on my 06 Murano and it worked perfectly - Thanks!

bg525 12-12-2007 07:07 PM

I also tried Nickoli415's procedure on my 05 Armada.. Wow !!
It works... Thanks a lot.. ^^

KenGTate 01-10-2008 06:35 PM

Air Bag light flashing

I had the same problem and took it in yesterday and was told it was covered under a recall notice. No charge but they did get me for an oil change and rear brakes for $289.00

NissanTech 01-10-2008 06:42 PM

The recalls are the best dealer's hook to get you in to the shop :D.

hdfatby 01-21-2008 11:49 AM

I had a Parrot Bluetooth device installed in my 04 Armada and once I turned the key on this same thing happened.

Using the method mentioned above is how I reset the flashing air bag also.

It does work.

rkiani 07-13-2008 03:28 AM

350Z

:music_band: >>>>> My 350Z light got reset <<<<< :ibbanana: Thank you so much

TWMurrel 07-15-2008 11:27 AM

WOW! I just tried that on my 2004 Nissan Murano and it worked perfectly!! The dealer wanted $145 just to check the light and then to fix it would have been extra. This procedure worked great!

06nissarm 07-26-2008 10:34 PM

Ohhhh Men...... that's unbelivable. Thanks alot Nickoli415. That really worked

deathincarnate 07-29-2008 03:56 PM

Had the same problem on my 05 altima after pulling out my factory head unit to see why I wasn't getting any sound. Tried Nickoli415's procedure and it worked perfectly. Thanks! This is the coolest website ever for nissan owners!