Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Pathfinder (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/pathfinder/)
-   -   Missing/Bucking during acceleration (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/pathfinder/20938-missing-bucking-during-acceleration.html)

GaryP33629 12-15-2011 06:36 PM

Missing/Bucking during acceleration

Hello- I am new to this forum- and I hope someone can give me some direction. I just bought a 2003 Pathfinder 2wd SE a month ago with 75k miles- it seems like a great car but I believe I created a new problem trying to fix a different problem. I was having some issues with the car not starting- I would turn the key and nothing would happen. All dash lights are on and battery tested ok at the parts store. It would take about 5-10 tries before it would finally engage the starter. I figured I would start by replacing the starter relay- which I picked up at Advance. I plugged the new relay in the EGI slot (which I later learned is the fuel relay- I don't know what relay Advance sold me) and the car would turn over- but not fire. I put the old relay back in and the car started up and ran fine. I now do not have the starting problem- but here is my new problem. Anytime I step into the accelerator the car misses/jerks/bucks really bad. It starts perfect, idles perfect. and can get up to about 45 mph with no issues going very easy on the accelerator- but when you step into it it starts missing. Any thoughts? I unplugged the battery tonight thinking if I reset the ECU maybe it will relearn whatever I messed up? Thanks for any advice you can give me

NissanTech 12-15-2011 07:50 PM

Is the engine light ON?? The EGI relay is not for the fuel pump is for the Engine Control Module (ECM).

There are many thing that can cause the engine to miss/jerk/buck, injector,air flow meter, spark plugs, coils.

I suggest to first start checking for engine codes, even if the light is not ON, there could be a code in the ECM that can give you a clue of the problem.

Jasonnovello 11-18-2019 03:03 PM

So i have an 03 pathfinder. Thing runs like a champ. I let truck sit for about 3 months and had a few problems after I started using it again. Truck has 206000 miles on it. The truck was idling like crap and had misfire codes. Also showed a code for maf sensor and swirl control valve. I put new plugs in. Changed fuel filter. Fuel pump was checked by mechanic and is fine. New maf sensor and new coil packs were installed. Truck runs good except when I give it a hard throttle. It starts bucking until I let off gas and will go all the way to redline but only under soft acceleration. They say o2 sensors are fine but may be the cats. Any suggestions

gks 11-21-2019 02:27 PM

The bucking happens above 2500 RPM. Because of the Swirl Control Valve code (DTC1130) The vehicle goes in to "limp mode" causing the bucking above 2500 RPM
Make sure the vacuum lines to and from the Swirl Control valve and the vacuum control switch are clear, in good shape and not leaking.

I have a post here explaining how to test the swirl control switch.

below is a link that will show you all the parts of the Swirl control system.

Let me know if you need help. I just went through this with my 2004 3.5 pathfinder

https://brentroad.com/photos/00523360.jpg

Jasonnovello 11-24-2019 11:05 AM

I'm goin rdo order swirl control selonid. I put 9v power to it and heard it click but we will see if a new one will work. I will let you know if I need any more help. Thanks

Jasonnovello 11-28-2019 06:52 AM

Was wondering if you could send me info in how to check the swirl control valve switch to make sure it isnt that. I ordered selenoid but haven't gotten it yet. I applied 9v power to old selenoid and hear it click but doesn't seem to be redirecting air.