Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Altima (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/altima/)
-   -   2005 Nissan Altima Windshield Wipers Not Working (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/altima/17682-2005-nissan-altima-windshield-wipers-not-working.html)

keithsmithtx1 02-19-2011 08:49 PM

2005 Nissan Altima Windshield Wipers Not Working

3 Attachment(s)
Could not find this information myself, figured it out, so I thought I'd post in case someone else needs it.

Windshield was covered in ice. Wife turned on wipers but they did not move and she did not turn them off. After ice melted, wipers did not work. Could not hear motor. Good news, turned out to be the fuse.

Other posts said to 1) check fuse 2) check switch 3) check motor. Most fuses are not labeled. Could not find a fuse diagram online. Posting pics to show where fuse is.

There are two fuse boxes under the hood. The one near the windshield wiper fluid reservoir (on left) holds the 20 amp fuse (yellow) for wiper motor. Remove cover, two tabs on side hold the fuse box in. In attached photo, the fuse is pulled and belongs in the empty slot 3rd from right on top row.

BBetz 07-25-2011 06:34 PM

Thanks!

Thanks for the info, you're a life saver. I couldn't find where that fuse was anywhere. You think they would list it in the owner's manual.

ITALIAN926 12-15-2011 08:12 AM

Thank you !

Signed up just to thank the OP. Made this fix just a little quicker for me. I knew it was probably a fuse but having the exact co-ordinates was nice.

As I read this post, it was as if I wrote it. Wife also turned on wipers when they were iced over. Women. :roll1:

Sami F 10-29-2012 09:07 AM

I also signed up so that I could say thanks, this has saved me a lot of time and trouble.

[email protected] 12-18-2012 05:13 AM

Thank You for the Info

One cold winter morning I turned on the windshield wipers on our 2005 Nissan, Altima. The windshield wipers did not work as they were frozen to the windshild. After I broke free the wipers from the windshield, the wipers did not work. I was unable to hear the windshield wiper moter.

After viewing your posting and your 3 attachments/photos of how to replace the fuse, I followed your "excellent" instructions and repaired the windshied wiper blades myself.

Thank you very much for posting the above information.......L

mdavis 01-09-2013 11:36 AM

Repairing wipers on 2005 Altima

Thanks so much for the post. It was a quick easy fix for me because of the great info you left

Timaeus 02-14-2013 06:38 AM

Thanks for the pictures this fix worked for me too.

Letty4jesus 06-13-2013 04:18 PM

Wiper problems

Thanks I hope is the same for my Altima 2002 because my wipers won't do anything ? Will try and let you know ! :smilewink:

RDA 12-30-2016 05:47 AM

My wipers cycled about 3 times this snowy morning and then stopped. No movement, no sound from motor. I first checked the fuse in the box near the washer fluid bottle, (mine is a green 30 amp). It is OK. Checked fuse with multitester just to be sure. It's fine. Hmm...tried wipers again, this time without engine running and yes,I CAN hear the wiper motor cycling. Changed speed of IM wipers to be sure that is what I am hearing...yes, that is the wiper motor I hear. OK, wiper blade linkage must have broken or come off. Removed cover on D/S over wiper motor. Reached inside with right hand while moving wiper arms with left. Yes, Linkage between motor and arms was off. Popped linkage back onto shaft (a little too easily, shouldn't there be some kind of clip securing it there? Problem fixed, wipers work fine now but as easily as I put it back on I am concerned it will just pop off again. Have since done a lot of searching online and found these repair clips: x2 NICKEL ONE WIPER WORKING? WINDSCREEN WIPER MOTOR LINKAGE LINK REPAIR CLIP KIT | eBay
Should be here next week, we'll see if they work out or not.

Tony11 01-13-2018 09:35 AM

Your post worked for me too... thank you so much!

HarryDamian 01-08-2021 07:57 AM

Your post really helped me fixing the issue with windshield vipers, i was about to take my car to the windshield replacement experts but i easily handled the issue after seeing this post.