Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Quest (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/quest/)
-   -   2004 quest replacement radio (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/quest/14999-2004-quest-replacement-radio.html)

mareandbrian 05-03-2010 12:39 PM

2004 quest replacement radio

I cant find any info on a factory replacement or a store that carries a replacement. I need a new one.

Thanks a bunch

tech22 05-04-2010 01:44 AM

You can go to Pinnacle Nissan,Courtesy Nissan,an so on.The base radio is about $700.00. Look at the upper right corner of the face plate for the model #.I think i can get you the Stock# but will need more info on your vehicle.

mareandbrian 05-05-2010 09:08 AM

So I assume there is no aftermarket radio, over $800 is a little steep for a factory radio on a base model van

dtownfb 05-05-2010 11:03 AM

I doubt tech22 can give you information on aftermarket radio (maybe he could)

Here's a link to crutchfield.com: Car Selector
This listing is for a 2004 Nissan Quest. for each, it lists "modified fit". You may want to call to find out more about "modified fit". Also check Best Buy. There installation is only $50, I believe.

tech22 05-06-2010 04:23 AM

The part # if found for a Nissan replacement base line radio is 282315z000. Yea it's expensive but you could do better by going to a auto audio shop and get a better unit for half the cost.

vladimir.bovcus 08-12-2013 03:56 PM

It's possible to put the stereo unit from '07 model (with aux and mp3) power supply, rear control unit, antenna have the same connectors. There are difference between steering wheel control connectors?

Quest_X99 08-13-2013 04:20 AM

As I'm sure you have discovered, these radios are basically junk. Nice when they are working, but not very dependable. All of it is made worse due to the fact that Nissan went with the cute design with all the control buttons separate up on the center console - meaning typical aftermarket radios don't do us any good.

Mine was bad when I got the van, but the dealer committed to replacing it in writing as part of the contract - they didn't know what they were getting in to. $450 later (out of their pocket) the radio was replaced and we were set. Their radio shop had to order it off the web from any one of many sites - there is a cottage industry out there fixing these radios because the CD mechanism frequently fails. It took them two passes because the 1st one that arrived was also was defective. Look around on the web...yes, $700-800 is a ridiculous and embarrassing price to pay for a replacement factory radio. We really can't be having discussions like that for a 6-9 yr. old van with a straight face...

dtownfb 09-09-2013 08:32 AM

Just to add to your post and hopes it helps others.

I dealt with the radio issue about 18 months ago with my 2004 Nissan Quest S. Even the dealership laughed at the price of a new radio which was over $1000 installed. On Ebay, I found a company in California that refurbishes these radios. I believe I paid $250 for the unit. I sent my unit back to them. I installed it myself, which is an afternoon job in itself. The refurbished radio worked well.

Dukeduke 09-30-2013 08:12 PM

Quest radio

I got sick of looking for a new radio so I fixed mine myself. What is yours doing?

dtownfb 10-04-2013 04:22 AM

I traded in the van at the end of August but the refurbished radio was still working well. that was after 18 months or so. As an earlier poster stated, there are a few companies in CA that repair these radios and re-sell them. Not sure if it was a bad batch or bad radio design. The big issue was disassembling the center module to access the radio, not to be outdone by putting it back together again. Yikes.

scubacamper 02-19-2014 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mareandbrian (Post 53454)
I cant find any info on a factory replacement or a store that carries a replacement. I need a new one.

Thanks a bunch

May I ask, what issue are you having with the radio? It may be able to be repaired.

B3m3rson 05-01-2018 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubacamper (Post 94393)
May I ask, what issue are you having with the radio? It may be able to be repaired.

Mine was making a clicking sound before it died. I ordered a refurbished one and when I hooked it up it did the same thing. Cant get it to power on. I have checked the fuse and it is good. Any ideas? Thanks