Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Window auto rolldown feature Forums > > Window auto rolldown feature Window auto rolldown feature
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 12-24-2010, 12:17 PM
jaotey

Default Window auto rolldown feature

I know from reading past posts, this so called feature can be a real headache. Got a 2011 Pathfinder and found both front windows down on two occasions. Was fortunate in that both times, the vehicle was in the driveway and it was not raining. Did a little research and found that pressing the unlock button on the key fob for more than three seconds will cause the windows to roll down. Seems that just bending over or leaning up against something with the keys in your pocket can ruin an interior, destroy interior electronics and open the vehicle contents to the scumbags that think that they have the right to help themselves. Anyway, I called my Nissan dealership and was told by two different people in the service department that it was a standard feature and could not be disabled. Thank God for the internet. Did some more snooping around this and other forums and found that it CAN be changed. The technican has to hook up their diagnostic tool and maneuver around several menu items and presto, a menu item appears that allows the tech to re-program the vehicle. Takes about ten minutes. The kicker is that after I told the service department that it COULD be done, they wanted to charge 80 dollars for this. Well after a heated discussion with the service dept manager and the new car manager, Nissan decided that there would no charge, since I had only had the vehicle about a month. Anyway, a word of advise. This "feature" is on MANY Nissan vehicles and has been for years. People have complained bitterly to Nissan about ruined vehicles only to be told that there is nothing that can be done. Do not take the service dept's word on anything. They are human and make mistakes. Do your homework and stay on them to fix this. It can be done.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:21 PM
2013 Pathfinder

Do you have any additional details on how the front windows down feature was disabled. I just purchased a 2013 Pathfinder, three weeks ago and it has been rained into twice because the windows were down. I was told my Nissan service that it could not be disabled. Do you have any additional details on how it was disabled?
Old 04-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

They use the Consult III diagnostic tool to access the option menus for the BCM and change the preferances, that's all. There are a number of optional settings that can be made using Consult that most customers and even some Nissan techs are not aware of and this capability has been around for over a decade. Things like how long the auto headlamps or domelights remain "on" after a vehicle is locked or turning the horn off on the security system are some of the options. It's different depending on the year and model of Nissan.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:24 PM
2013 Pathfinder

Default Thanks and Additional Request Needed

Thanks for the information about the Consult III diagnostic tool. I provided the local Nissan Service Manager this information. They connected the Consult III diagnostic tool to my 2013 Pathfinder and could not find any option to disable this feature. Is there anyone out there that can provide me with the detail step by step steps that they need to do to disable this windows down feature? I really need to get this disabled. I have had this vehicle for three weeks and this has happened to me 4 times now, 2 of the 4 was in my own garage. Had I known about this feature before I purchased it, I probably would not have purchased it.

Tags
auto, feature, rolldown, window