Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
general 02 questions Forums > > general 02 questions general 02 questions
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 09-07-2006, 03:33 AM
rosier71

Default general 02 questions

Hi again...... Just A few questions concerning my recently purchased 02 Pathfinder. 1. Should it be thumping into reverse? Not a thunk, but a thump.
2. Should the rearend be kinda wiggly on bumps? 3.Does 2nd gear in the automatic tranny grab hard like this one does? My previous car was an 02 Grand Prix GT, and before that was an 00 Blazer. But I didnt feel these things in the Blazer. Now a side note. So far I found 11 problems with this "Certified Pre Owned Nissan". Ranging from bad drive belts and rear stuts and hinge outta whack and making a lovely noise when the hatch is opened. Also missing the fuel inlet restrictor. Other things also. I think the vehicle was never "certified" an I do believe I will be contacting Nissan about these problems. The dealer is going to fix all 11 issues. But they should have never been like that in the first place.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:54 AM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

yeah, i'd definitely go to the dealer and pitch a b!tch.

thumping into reverse - no
wiggly - no.. that's kind of a known problem.. one or more bushings in the rear links are in need of replacement.

the hard shift into 2nd gear maybe normal.. hard to tell from afar but pathfinders have always had a little bit of a rough shift in that gear.

all the other issues definitely fall under my first statement.

good luck and please keep us posted on the outcome.

thanks
Old 09-07-2006, 08:10 AM
rosier71

Thanks for the info! I will add the wiggle and thump onto my list of problems for them to fix. I am still debating with myself to go straight over the dealers head to Nissan and tell them how this dealer sells a "Certified Nissan product."
I honestly feel that with all 11, no 13 issues with this truck now, that they fraudulently sold me this vehicle and that I should be relieved of this contract.
From what I read on Nissanusa.com, this truck should have never been on the lot in this condition.
Right from Nissanusa.com......
142-point Quality Assurance Inspection
Offering the full, "New" Nissan experience along with remarkable value, each Nissan Certified Pre-Owned vehicle has been subjected to a 142-point Quality Insurance Inspection by Nissan technicians. We recondition any component that does not pass inspection or replace it with Genuine Nissan parts prior to certification. Our reconditioning process also includes up-to-date scheduled maintenance service. These efforts assure you that only the finest pre-owned vehicles qualify for Certified status -- and the value and security it confers.

Thanks again and your imput is greatly apprieciated.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:54 PM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

some of these other folks maybe better in telling the best way to approach this issue and i hope they chime in. i think you'll probably need a "nissanusa" guy inspect it.. which still means you'll need to go to a dealer.

good luck.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:04 AM
rosier71

Default Updated!!!

Hi....
So far, most of my problems were addressed and repaired. The dealer didnt bend over backwards to help me, but after some kicking and screaming they fixed most and ordered the fuel inlet restrictor. I called nissan usa because I was under the impression it was a Nissan Cert. truck. Not the case, Its called cert. gold plus. The dealer calls it that to make it sound better than a used truck. I asked the salesman at time of purchase, Is it certified? He said yes. Should've asked if it was Nissan certified. My mistake I guess. I did a dealer review for Peruzzi, check it out for all of the details. Here is my list of problems.

1. Remove Pin stripe
2. Check and cleanup undercarriage for safety issues because of rust
3. Remove dents, check for and repair dings
4. Replace rear lift gate struts and re-align door. Fix rust and touch up paint caused by being out of alignment.
5. Clean for delivery.
6. Replace all 4 lug covers.
7. Promised 1 more FOB and programming of both.

NEW WE OWE PROBLEMS

1. Fuel inlet restrictor missing.
2. When salesman removed key id # tape from front windshield, the defrost “paint” was removed in 2 spots.
3. Both drive belts cracking and rotted.
4. Under engine shield has broken and missing bolts, held on with wire tie.
5. Exhaust leak near engine. TSB # 04092
6. Thunking sound at rearend when shifting into reverse.
7. A strange movement and noises in rear when driving over bumps, turning with a bump involved, accelerating and under braking. )
8. Roof rack air dam is distorted. TSB # 02090B
9. Rear suspension sounds like its bottoming out. TSB #02081

1-7 in the first list were corrected except #3 and #6,still waiting on lug covers.
The second list of 1-9 are "hopefully" gonna be fixed. They did fix #4 from second list. They said nothing of the others except they ordered the inlet restrictor. I am not sure if I am able to get the Tsb's fixed since its a used truck. But I still have a 3000 mile or 90 day warranty. I dont know if they found the same things wrong with the thunk, the movement, and so on.

They are slowly making me happier. It took a solid month to address these problems. So far thats it, I will keep ya's posted on the rest when they do what they are gonna do.

Tags
general, questions