Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
How long before error codes clear on mass air flow sensor? Forums > > How long before error codes clear on mass air flow sensor? How long before error codes clear on mass air flow sensor?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 10-29-2008, 12:18 PM
robertjp

Default How long before error codes clear on mass air flow sensor?

I have a 2001 pathfinder. The check engine light went on and I brought it to autozone and the error codes suggested it was a faulty mass air flow sensor. But before I spent $250 for a new one, the guy tells me to try cleaning it. I pay 7 bucks for a bottle of MAFS cleaner and it works! The light goes off but now I need an inspection and my mechanic tells me even if the light is off, the codes are still in the system till they clear out after so many drive cycles. Cant get it inspected till they clear. I went back to autozone after a couple weeks and they said the codes were still there even though the light is off. Now my question here is there any other way to clear the codes other than to drive approx 50 drive cycles? Is it 50? Does anyone have any ideas,? I need an inspection and the light is off but codes are still there.. Thanks much. Bob
Old 10-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

does your mechanic have a scanner casue he can clear it. u can also try to disconnect the battery and wait a few hours that usually clears it.

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate
Old 11-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

yeah, without either of the two methods, the codes will be there for ever.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

Just go into history with a scan tool and clear it also look at pending codes while your at it.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:49 PM
nissanparts1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjp View Post
I have a 2001 pathfinder. The check engine light went on and I brought it to autozone and the error codes suggested it was a faulty mass air flow sensor. But before I spent $250 for a new one, the guy tells me to try cleaning it. I pay 7 bucks for a bottle of MAFS cleaner and it works! The light goes off but now I need an inspection and my mechanic tells me even if the light is off, the codes are still in the system till they clear out after so many drive cycles. Cant get it inspected till they clear. I went back to autozone after a couple weeks and they said the codes were still there even though the light is off. Now my question here is there any other way to clear the codes other than to drive approx 50 drive cycles? Is it 50? Does anyone have any ideas,? I need an inspection and the light is off but codes are still there.. Thanks much. Bob
The codes will stay in the ECU for a while, but if the CEL is not on, it SHOULDN'T effect the inspection!!!! But I did add the the page that tells you how long the code stays in the memory if you do not have a scan tool to clear the codes!! I will also tell you that if you DO clear the codes in the ecu, it also clears the System Readiness Data and your car will have to be driven for about a week to complete all the system readiness tests!!
-Jamie
Attached Thumbnails
How long before error codes clear on mass air flow sensor?-picture-005-jpg  

Tags
air, clear, codes, error, flow, long, mass, sensor