Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2002 Pathfinder Keyless Entry Problems Forums > > 2002 Pathfinder Keyless Entry Problems 2002 Pathfinder Keyless Entry Problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 09-02-2006, 08:04 AM
cjkeno

Default 2002 Pathfinder Keyless Entry Problems

Hi Everybody,

I bought a used a 2002 Pathfinder and I am all of a sudden having problems with the keyless entry/alarm. Thinking the battery in the controller was dying I changed it and when the connection hits the car hazards flash and the horn chirps but that's the extent of it, by hitting the buttons on the controller after nothing happens, doors do not lock or unlock. Also a couple of times I've heard the doors lock on it's own without buttons being touched and then when I've opened the doors from inside or outside the vehicle the alarm starts blaring. And one last thing while the car is parked in my driveway I just hear it chirp on it's own as well. Is their some sort of switch hidden in the vehicle that I might've hit by accident to cause all of this? If anybody has any suggestions to my problem it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

to Nissanhelp.com forums!

The first thing you have to do is reprogram all the remotes to the car.

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/...nder/Learn.htm

Then check the door ajar switch (the switch that turns the dome light ON) is also use for the alarm system. If the door is out of adjustment or one of the switches is bad, the alarm will go off intermittently and the system may not lock/unlock. To repair the problem make sure all the doors are closing properly(no gap between the body and the door), if the doors are OK you may need to replaced one of the switches.

There is also another switch in the engine compartment. Make sure the hood is closing all the way
Old 09-02-2006, 09:22 AM
2015 Rogue

The buttons on the remotes may be sticking. You should be able to take them to the dealer and have them checked for free. All they need to do is set them on a remote tester and tap on them . If they are sticking the tester will show it.
ASE Master Certified.

Tags
2002, entry, keyless, pathfinder, problems