Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
3.3L Knock Sensor Relocation Forums > > 3.3L Knock Sensor Relocation 3.3L Knock Sensor Relocation
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 10-18-2009, 03:55 PM
ticker

Saw on another forum that it needed to be a maxima KS as well as a maxima wire harness. is this true. I already have the pathfinder KS so just want to be sure before I order wires.

Thanks
Old 10-25-2009, 08:50 AM
Toddlars1

Hi All, I have located the proper wires in the harness but when I read them with a meter I get 562K ohms which is what a working knock sensor should read. I have a resistor mod ready but didn't see too much sense in replacing the sensor with it yet. What I don't know is when running, is my sensor shorting out or opening up giving me the error code. Any ideas...thanks
Old 11-01-2009, 03:43 PM
gregghierholzer

Wow this KS seems to be a common problem my truck 2002 Nissan Frontier XE just started acting up with this. I was told to switch gas to Chevron (good for chevron - bad for me) it helped some of the time but i have had the code again just 2 nights ago. So will contemplate this relocation. (need money first). OUCH that hurts the pocket book.

Gregg
Old 11-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Bad2rock

I performed the relocation about six months ago and so far so good. Thanks for the write up and information on performing the relocation!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:11 AM
RobSkydiver

What is the proper torque required for a knock sensor on a 1999 Nissan Pathfinder?
When I re-install the upper and lower intake should I use RTV silicone on the 3 gaskets?
Old 11-15-2009, 11:10 AM
RobSkydiver

I didn't find this post until it was too late! I have the upper and lower intake manifold out and I'm ready to re-assemble. I need to know how many lbs. of torque is required for the Knock Sensor on a 1999 Nissan Pathfinder. I'm guessing 18 lbs. so if I don't get a reply, I'll go with that. Any ideas? When I re-install the upper and lower intake should I use RTV silicone on the 3 gaskets?
Thanks
Old 11-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Bad2rock

I'm not sure what the torque would be.

You might want to ask this question under a different thread to get an answer since this is for the relocation of the Knock sensor so that the manifolds won't need to come off.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:07 PM
MaxiShift

Thank you guys for all the questions and answers, I'll try it on my Maxima.
You rock!
Old 11-24-2009, 10:03 AM
1998 Pathfinder

I performed this procedure about a month ago and I'm very happy to say that everything is working excellent. No more Knock sensor code and the vehicle is running like new.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:53 PM
SSF

I would like to relocate the knock sensor but do not feel confident on the wire colors. I looked at the harness and can see the white but not real sure on the clear wire. Can some help on this. Also am I buying a frontier knock sensor with a maximum wire harness?
Old 12-09-2009, 04:45 AM
1998 Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSF View Post
I would like to relocate the knock sensor but do not feel confident on the wire colors. I looked at the harness and can see the white but not real sure on the clear wire. Can some help on this. Also am I buying a frontier knock sensor with a maximum wire harness?
Actually the wire colors are white and gray, the only thing is that after a while the gray color while becomes discolored so it actually looks like a clear color wire.

The instructions given on this post is for a pathfinder so I'm not sure if the frontier has the same setup and I don't have any experience with frontiers so I can't give you any help.

Best I can do is to give you this link, it has a the relocation procedure and it was done on a Frontier..Hope it helps :

Knock Sensor Relocate 2002 Fronty ODB2 code P0328 or PO327 - 1st Generation Frontier Forum - Nissan Truck Forums - TUNFS: The Ultimate Nissan Frontier Site - Message Board - Yuku

Let me know how it turns out !!

Cheers !!!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:47 AM
SSF

Default Frontier knock sensor

Thanks for the link MadMAx!!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:14 PM
sdc035

im so doing this ,glad to find info before it was done,thankz for sharing
Old 02-26-2010, 10:26 PM
1992 Pathfinder

this relocated apply to my pathfinder 1992, 3.0L?
Old 03-18-2010, 02:21 PM
SSF

Default Harness wires for knock sensor

How do you know what wires you will be splicing into?

Tags
33l, knock, relocation, sensor