Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Sunroof trouble Forums > > Sunroof trouble Sunroof trouble
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 03-10-2008, 07:19 AM
sun

Default Sunroof trouble

Hi: My name is Don-new to this site. I hail from upstate NY and have the pleasure(?) of driving in winter. Well my 2002 Pathfinder in 4WD decided to shake hands(front grill) with a tree because of ice. No human injuries. Everything is back together fine-only trouble is the sunroof. There was no damage anywhere near it- but it only opens a couple of inches-does not go all the way with one push-it does open all the way but it takes about 6 pushes on the button-keeps stopping. This is the same for closing it-2 inches at a time. Any ideas?

thanks,
Don
Old 03-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Try resetting the sunroof motor:

1. Turn ignition switch ON.
2. Push and hold sunroof tilt switch in the forward (DOWN) position until the sunroof is fully closed.
3. After the sunroof has closed all the way, push and hold the tilt switch forward (DOWN) again for more than 2 seconds to re-learn motor position.
4. Initialization is complete if the sunroof operates normally.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:29 PM
FERCHOFINDER

Hello guys my name is Fernando and this is my first post in this forum, i have the same sunroof problem, my sunroof doesnt work as it should, with any of the two switches all i get is to open just a little de sr, i have to press several times the switch to completly open or close the sunroof.

I tried the method metioned above but i think im doing something wrong, or simply that method dont resolve my problem.

If you have any other advise i ll thank you a lot.

Last edited by FERCHOFINDER; 03-12-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Try disconnecting the car battery for a few minutes and then do the procedure above to reset the system.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Irishlad

Default sunroof problem

I get this problem occasionally too. Could never understand why. Symptoms are the auto open/close function doesn't work have to continually press & release the buttons to move the glass (an inch at a time) disconnecting the battery allowed it to work normally again.

I'll have to try that reset procedure next time.

Does anyone know why this happens? - I figured its a computer glitch.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:17 PM
tysonrylie

I have the problem on a 2004 Maxima. Taking it in tommorow but will be trying the reset before I get there.
Cheers
Old 04-22-2018, 01:43 PM
2000 Maxima
2004 Pathfinder

I had this scenario with my 2004 Pathfinder today. Replaced battery in November and opened the sunroof for the first time today. Followed this procedure and it worked perfectly. Thank you!

Tags
sunroof, trouble