Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Security Alarm not arming Forums > > Security Alarm not arming Security Alarm not arming
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 02-25-2008, 04:17 PM
EricR1970

Default Security Alarm not arming

I have a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE, which until yesterday has never had a problem. But even this one is a small one, so I can't complain.

Basically, when I press the lock button on my keyfob, the doors all lock, but the alarm system doesn't seem to be arming. I know this because my headlights don't flash, and the horn doesn't sound. This is the same indication I used to get when one of the doors wasn't shut good and I would try to lock/arm my car. But all the doors are definitely shut, and they do all lock. And the hatch is also shut good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Fervbob

I had the exact same problem in my '02 LE. There's a spring switch on one of the doors that wasn't being depressed enough to close the switch all the way. You can check it by opening one door at a time and holding down that door's switch manually, then try the arming button. When it chirps, that's the door. Then put a piece of 1/8th" or so adhesive backed padding (any home store) on the door where the switch touches it. Worked for me!
Old 03-02-2008, 04:57 PM
2015 Rogue

Most likely there is a problem with the driver's door switch. It is fairly common and inexpensive to fix. The switch is about $15.00 and is held on with one screw.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:42 AM
EricR1970

I've troubleshot this down to what I believe to be the "smart entrance control unit (SECU)". All the inputs to the SECU from the door switches is a nominal 5VDC when the doors are closed, and 0VDC when open. Except for the hood switch. It is cycling between battery voltage and 0VDC. The hood switch itself is good (has continuity when released, and no continuity when depressed). And the wire harness has no opens/shorts between the hood switch and the SECU.

This leads me to believe I have a bad SECU. It is putting out 12VDC on the hood switch circuit when it should be about 5VDC. Can anyone confirm that I'm correct, or if I'm overlooking something?

Also, how much does a SECU cost and how painful is it to replace? Should I just take it to the stealer (dealer) and fork out the cash to have them do it?
Old 02-14-2012, 05:53 AM
2002 Pathfinder

I have the same issue. What does a secu cost and how hard is it to replace?

Tags
alarm, arming, security