Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
that beeping thing Forums > > that beeping thing that beeping thing
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 06-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Ken

Default that beeping thing

i pulled the plug on that bloody chiming thing which was behind the dash .
Now a mate of mine has a 2002 model (mine is a 2001 ) and he want's to do the same to his but he said his is not behind the dash but he thinks it's down near the fuse's can any one shed some light on the problem .
regards ken
Old 06-08-2006, 03:21 AM
Ken

Dont worry he found it under the dash near the computer check up thingy :roll:
Old 06-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Tech Enthusiast

2003 Frontier SC 4x4 Crew

HEY!! Australia!! Cool!

Welcome to Nissanhelp.com! :D

Glad your mate got the door alert buzzer. I disconnected mine in other vehicles before. You just have to get under the dash to find the buggers.

Again, welcome!
Old 06-09-2006, 02:29 AM
Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_adams
HEY!! Australia!! Cool!

Welcome to Nissanhelp.com! :D

Glad your mate got the door alert buzzer. I disconnected mine in other vehicles before. You just have to get under the dash to find the buggers.

Again, welcome!
thanks guys
Old 06-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

Quote:
Dont worry he found it under the dash near the computer check up thingy :roll:
cool and welcome.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:25 PM
1998 Pathfinder
2008 Rogue

Default no beeping - where to connect

I have a 1998 pathfinder and there is no beeping so either someone disconnected/cut some wire or the buzzer is broken.

Where can I find this? Probably under the steering area, but I've looked once and couldn't tell that anything was disconnected.

Any hints/pictures/advice for finding the connector/buzzer?

Thanks,
-dan
Old 06-19-2006, 02:58 AM
Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw_98pathfinder
I have a 1998 pathfinder and there is no beeping so either someone disconnected/cut some wire or the buzzer is broken.

Where can I find this? Probably under the steering area, but I've looked once and couldn't tell that anything was disconnected.

Any hints/pictures/advice for finding the connector/buzzer?

Thanks,
-dan
mine was behind the fuel gauge a white square thing with two wires hanging out about 2" long
Old 07-18-2007, 10:33 PM
1998 Pathfinder
2008 Rogue

Default warning buzzer assembly

I was able to find the part number for this: 26350-1W200 (It is the buzzer assembly) and sells for around $20.

In the manual it looks like it is behind the instrument cluster. If yours was behind the gas guage were you able to reach it with disconnecting any of the instrument cluster?

We've gotten a dead battery 2x by leaving the lights on now so I think it is time to get this problem fixed...

If anyone can help please let me know along with the difficulty of taking off the instrunment cluster--reading the manual it seem quite involved.

Thanks,
-dan
Old 07-20-2007, 02:45 AM
Ken

Easy job can be done with a beer in one hand and a screwdriver in the other
Old 07-22-2007, 09:50 PM
1998 Pathfinder
2008 Rogue

Default Job Complete

Thanks to Ken's help I was able to fix the buzzer in our '98 Pathfinder. For those who have a similar problem here are some specifics:

1) Buying the OEM part from Nissan is not possible. I triple confirmed this in three different states. No dealers nor Nissan carries the warning buzzer. So don't even bother trying to buy a replacement ($20-$40) that way.
2) Trying to get this part from a salvage yard/wrecker is useless as well--if you can find a Pathfinder odds are they want to sell the whole instrument cluster at $110-$125.
3) Napa seems to be the only auto parts store that has a replacement. It is called a Lights on Buzzer. It sells for under $7.

With all the tools/equipment at the ready this job can be done in an hour. There are only 7 screws to remove.

- Picture 1: 2 screws at the top. It is like a puzzle to get this piece over the steering wheel though.
- Picture 2: 4 screws need to be removed. Then the instrument cluster can be rotated for easy access to the buzzer.
- Picture 3: 1 screw for the buzzer enclosed in the yellowish box. Unplug wire connector (green = +12V and green/yellow = Ground/floating). The system works by connecting/unconnecting the green/yellow wire to ground. There is always +12V on the green wire.

Inside the buzzer is a circuit board and small metal buzzer. I suppose one of the diodes or transistor/regulator burned up in ours. I just trashed it and dropped in the one I got from Napa which fits perfectly. It was secured using a little electrical tape.

I did have to solder the wires of the new buzzer to the green/green-yellow wires--that is the toughest part. Put everything back together and buzzer is working. Ta da.

Newer Nissan Pathfinders relocated the buzzer to the Smart Entrance Control Unit. So good luck if yours goes.

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Picture 3:

Hope this helps anyone with a similar problem. We killed the battery 2x (in one year) since we've had the vehicle without a buzzer...

-dan

Tags
beeping, thing