Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
TSB 05091 - Rust on rear hatch at edges of the license lamp Forums > > TSB 05091 - Rust on rear hatch at edges of the license lamp TSB 05091 - Rust on rear hatch at edges of the license lamp
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 04-05-2006, 05:56 AM
Bladen1

Default TSB 05091 - Rust on rear hatch at edges of the license lamp

Hello!

Just wanted to ask your opinion, I found this bulletin, and a few others, that warranted a visit to my dealership (Hubler Nissan, 8435 South US 31, Indianapolis, IN 46227), everything that I had issues with had a corresponding Technical Service Bulletin to back up my claims, everything was fine and dandy until I called and was informed that a Nissan "auditor, estimator..etc...." has to personally look and see if one of my issues should be covered under warranty, specifically the TSB 05091, I must say I was pretty upset over the fact that there service area could not make the decision themselves and even the Service advisor stated that this should be fixed no questions asked....BUT he has to wait until this person comes in and verifies the rusting! I live about 25 miles away from this dealership...I'm usually very loyal to where I service my vehicle, and that usually is at the dealership that I purchase the vehicle through, oh..sorry...I purchased a 2005, Pathfinder LE, used, had 9800 miles on it when we purchased it, so it is well within the manufacturer warranty, my gripe is why does this Nissan auditor need to give a final ok on this issue where Nissan has made a service bulletin that specifically addresses this issue?!? I have searched/read on Nissanforums.com that people that have experienced this issue have there service dept acknowledge and fix this no questions asked....is there something I'm not asking/saying/doing?? Sorry...just venting..as now it may seem that I will be out of using my vehicle for another few days...maybe weeks until this person can come in to there dealership........should I talk to the service manager?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.....thanks!
Old 04-05-2006, 07:13 AM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

yeah, i'd talk to the service manager. it's worth a try. i hear though, that's the procedure they go by. personally i really like tom wood at 96th and keystone. never got any run arounds from them but then i really never do much at the dealer. DIY here. the parts dept. at ed martin on shadeland has impressed me so try them if the other guys on the south side are not cooperative. it may be worth the drive but a phone call will save you time and money.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:44 AM
Bladen1

thanks for the reply! I live up in Nobletucky...and I tried to schedule the service with Tom Wood (proximity to home and work) but attempted 4 times to contact service and no one answered the phone, transferred back n forth to the operator, and no one answered in the service area, at that moment is when I opted to take it down to Hubler, since my first post, I had contacted them and the Nissan guy is coming Thursday, stated that he has no doubt that it will be fixed and that I will be able to pick up my Pathy by end of day Friday, so I'm a bit more at ease with the issue now....
We were going to buy from Tom Wood but received no assistance when walking around the lot, even went inside, felt no love what so ever...sooooooooooooo....off to Hubler we went the very next day.....well I hope this issue will be concluded by the end of this week....gotta say I love this SUV...drove a 96 Explorer for 10+ years, over 150,000 miles...definitely an upgrade with the 05 Pathfinder LE!! Love the look and driveability of this vehicle!
Old 04-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

good to hear that things are better now. sorry to hear about tom wood. i guess when you grow you loose the care. hmm. it has been a while since i dealt with them but was not impressed with their parts peeps at all last time i called them. i guess i'll stay away from them from now on. too bad because i bought the first pathy from them brand new and they took real good care of us buck then. ('90 or '91 it was i think) they also were more then great when the truck was fixed after a little oopsie. they really worked hard to make it just right. oh, well too bad and thanks for the heads up on them.

i'm thinking it's a little further then 25mi from nobletucky (lol) to greentucky though. regardless, keep us posted how it all comes out in the end and of course i hope it's all good.

if you ever want to take that beast off-road and are into camping let me know and we'll hook up for some muddin' fun. would love to check out the new design. take care.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Bladen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by momud
good to hear that things are better now. sorry to hear about tom wood. i guess when you grow you loose the care. hmm. it has been a while since i dealt with them but was not impressed with their parts peeps at all last time i called them. i guess i'll stay away from them from now on. too bad because i bought the first pathy from them brand new and they took real good care of us buck then. ('90 or '91 it was i think) they also were more then great when the truck was fixed after a little oopsie. they really worked hard to make it just right. oh, well too bad and thanks for the heads up on them.

i'm thinking it's a little further then 25mi from nobletucky (lol) to greentucky though. regardless, keep us posted how it all comes out in the end and of course i hope it's all good.

if you ever want to take that beast off-road and are into camping let me know and we'll hook up for some muddin' fun. would love to check out the new design. take care.
oops...my bad....about 25 miles from my work...and yeah...add about 12 more miles from work to Nobletucky...lol!!! Thanks for the replies and for the invite to go muddin! For right now though I like the "clean" look..be a shame to get er all muddy! But I know eventually I'll hit the mud trails too!!

I'll keep ya posted on the final outcome! Take care!
Old 04-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Tech Enthusiast

2003 Frontier SC 4x4 Crew

Bladen1

Welcome to the forum!

I replied to your PM. Let us know how it works out for you.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:06 AM
Bladen1

just an update.....
The Nissan rep did approve the warranty fix for the rust spot (..no surprise as the TSB DID address the issue...but yes policy and procedures I know....) so one thing that I liked about Hubler is that when they do warranty work..its not half a**....they were very upfront stating that they could do a patch job..in which they did not want to....good thing for them as they know I would notice the shoddy work.....so instead they are fixing it correctly per the TSB...I get to pick her up tonight!! I let you know how it looks!!
Old 04-10-2006, 07:13 AM
Tech Enthusiast

2003 Frontier SC 4x4 Crew

Great news! :D

Thanks for the update!
Old 04-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Bladen1

The paint job was great......but the only issue is that the did an less then acceptable job on lining up the PATHFINDER emblem!!!!!! It looks like this now PATHFIND ER w/the E crooked!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! Needless to say..the Service tech was very apologetic...again....for this and has now reordered a new set to be replaced next week....again I'll have to make the trek to the dealership.......I do hope this is the last trip I'll have to make in a while....gas is getting expensive!!! All n all the I can't blame the dealership...its the Collison/Bodyshop that did the work...but still...another inconvenience to go through for something that they should of done correct the first time! Ok..I'm done venting now......or until I go out and look at it again..... :x
Old 04-13-2006, 10:08 AM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

jeez. i hope they quit drinking on the job. :wink:
Old 04-20-2006, 12:26 PM
Bladen1

First of all I want to retract my statement regarding Tom Wood Nissan service dept! I have nothing but praise for there Service Advisors and Service technicians...they listened and followed through with every single issue I had, unlike Hubler Nissan Service area wherein they could not duplicate the issues :roll: so they say......but Tom Wood just hit every issue and fixed it!!! So KUDOS to Tom Woods Nissan Sevice dept..oh and ontop of that...they offered me a loaner car FREE of charge (well had to pay for gas) and I never even requested one! Unlike Hubler where they stated that they did not know of any dealership that gave loaners out to customers!! What a bunch of crap Hubler!!!! Needless to say I will be having my Pathfinder serviced when needed at Tom Wood and Hubler will no longer get my or any of my friends business! The fact that they sold me a used 05 w/issues and the fact that they did not offer a rental car when they had to keep my truck for a week and for the fact that I have to still deal with getting the decals redone due to an incompentent collision tech that was "rushing" to get my vehicle done !!
So in summary...Tom Wood Nissan Service dept is bar none the best I've ever experienced......Hubler's is sad and would not recommend anyone going there...and if your going to purchase a used vehicle from them....check out the TSB's and have a mechanic look over before committing to buy....I just glad that the issues were repairable....
Old 04-21-2006, 11:36 AM
Master Enthusiast
1994 Pathfinder
94 Pathfinder

glad it's done. glad that tom wood took care of it. my experience with their service dpt. was also rather awesome in the past. i was a little worried but now i am glad to hear that they are still doing it right. :)

Tags
edges, hatch, lamp, license, rear, rust, tsb