Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
01 Pathy Shift Flare Forums > > 01 Pathy Shift Flare 01 Pathy Shift Flare
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 10-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Daveyd

Default 01 Pathy Shift Flare

Has anyone else wondered about the transmission in their 01 Pathfinder? There are times when I really believe it suffers from rough shifting on the 1 - 2 shift. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it will make your head nod a bit (which I don't think is either right or normal). Also, there are times (some times around 35 - 45 mph) that if you were accelerating and take your foot off the gas pedal, the tranny feels like it dropped out or doesn't know what gear to go into.

I researched the TSB's and found 2 of them. NTB03-056 talks about looking at the TCM if you need to replace the A/T. The other (NTB01-055a) finally addresses what Nissan calls "Shift Flare", but my car is manufactured later than the TSB states. I bought the car with the extended warranty, and if there is something that needs to be done to the tranny, I of course want to use the warranty to take care of it. I intend on keeping my pathy alive and healthy long after that runs out! Maybe it could also be loose/broken motor mounts?

thanks!
Old 05-06-2008, 07:54 AM

2001 Pathfinder

I also have the shift issue from 1 to 2.

Any comments?
Old 06-11-2008, 04:19 PM

2001 Pathfinder LE

I'm taking mine in to a transmission shop with the bullentin tomorrow. will let you know how it turns out.

Ekmols
Old 08-25-2008, 04:59 PM
John H Schonewille

I have the same 1-2 shift problem and also when i come to a very short stop (wheels still rolling 1-2 KPH) it feels like the tranny is not dropping back down, and feels like its trying to take off in second gear until i floor it then it kicks out of that gear and accelerates properly. Anyone else??

Tags
flare, pathy, shift