Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Pathfinder LE Forums > > 2005 Pathfinder LE 2005 Pathfinder LE
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 07-10-2021, 10:17 AM
2005 Pathfinder

Question 2005 Pathfinder LE

Hello:

I have a 2005 Pathfinder LE that was in good condition for it's age. The usual maintenance, some body repair and parts replacements have all been done to keep it reliable and safe. I've loved this vehicle.

Recently I drove it home as normal and the next day could not start it. Everything works with the key, but it refuses to start. I have replaced the battery although I'm pretty sure that it wasn't the problem. The starter never gave indication of pending trouble. I've checked fuses and links, but I think it may be some kind of electronic problem.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where to start looking?

Clarification edit:

I need to clarify. It simply will not even attempt to activate the starter. Everything works through the normal key movements until turned to the start position and then no attempt to start. Fuel, fluids, plugs or anything else so simple is not the issue. This vehicle doesn't owe me a penny at this point, and has had many parts replaced as per normal wear and mileage. If this were a simple traditional mechanical issue, I'd have solved it in days.

I think it's an electronic issue, like the (anti-theft) vehicle immobilization system. But this should show up on an OBDII scan shouldn't it? I think maybe a module has bought the farm. I have been reading manuals and trying to find a solution for over a month now, and really don't want to replace the vehicle just yet. I'm really looking for any experience out there with this problem?

Thanks

Last edited by swmillington; 07-11-2021 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 07-20-2021, 07:45 PM
Enthusiast
2001 Pathfinder
2012 Titan Crew Cab

Had a starting issue with my Pathfinder also. I replaced the battery with an Optima Yellow Top from 4wheelonline but it didn't solve it. I went to the dealer and they found the culprit-- it was the fusible link unit.

Sounds like yours is different. If the security light turns on or flashing after a failed start, it could be the immobilizer that prevents your rig from starting.

Tags
pathfinder