Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2001 Pathfinder Mass Airflow Sensor Forums > > 2001 Pathfinder Mass Airflow Sensor 2001 Pathfinder Mass Airflow Sensor
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 04-10-2009, 10:18 AM
bluenose

Default nissan part

Air Mass Sensor OEM
Brand: OEM
Part # W0133-1726032
Fits: / For some applications, the engine management system will need to be reprogrammed after installation of this part. This will require specialtools and/or equipment. Please contact your local dealer for more info.
Product Weight: 0.80 lb
Minimum Order Quantity: 1
Leaves Warehouse: by 9:30 P Monday
Production Date Range: From 01-01-2000

MSRP: $659.95 Your Price: $354.98

2001 Nissan Pathfinder - Air Mass Sensor - BUY 2001 Nissan Pathfinder - Air Mass Sensor

its gone up $35.00 from a month ago ....even they rip you off
Old 04-15-2009, 04:51 PM
pathmaster01

I've just recently installed the maxima's MAF and it worked incredibly well. However, it did pull a couple of codes at first so I had to clear the self learn data which is very easy to do if you have a cheap scanner. The pdf is on this web site somewhere with the simple instructions. Once cleared, it ran perfect and no codes. I don't know why Nissan is charging so much for this part and so little for the Maxima part, but the parts guy at Nissan was very eager to see if this worked so that he could tell other people about it. I told him, for a price I'd tell him; price is to get Nissan to correct this ripoff they're conducting. Anyway good luck.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:42 AM
2001 Pathfinder

I would tend to tell them nothing as its more likely the maxima maf will go way up in price before the pathfinder one goes down if dealers figure it out.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:44 AM
flywithsig

I understand the Maxima MAF works but I'm going to try to stick with the Pathfinder MAF. With that in mind, I found a great price for, supposedly, an OEM MAF here:

Nissan Parts Wholesale - New OEM Nissan Auto Parts

Vehicle: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder 3.5 4WD
Part: Air Mass Sensor
mass air flow sensor
For some applications, the engine management system will need to be reprogrammed after installation of this part. This will require special tools and/or equipment. Please contact your local dealer for more info. Fits Year: 1/2000-7/2001 To view shopping cart contents, click the View Cart link above. Free Shipping Over $50.00 - 48 States Only Product Brand List Price Core Qty Air Mass Sensor OEM
B3150-253068
In Stock

Estimated standard shipping delivery time is 2-3 days.
I called to verify it is an OEM part and they said it was. On top of that, he said he could give me a better price since I was in CA and gave it to me for $205.52 incl. tax and shipping. I have a feeling this may be too good to be true but I'll keep you posted.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:46 AM
flywithsig

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithsig View Post
I understand the Maxima MAF works but I'm going to try to stick with the Pathfinder MAF. With that in mind, I found a great price for, supposedly, an OEM MAF here:

Nissan Parts Wholesale - New OEM Nissan Auto Parts

Vehicle: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder 3.5 4WD
Part: Air Mass Sensor
mass air flow sensor
For some applications, the engine management system will need to be reprogrammed after installation of this part. This will require special tools and/or equipment. Please contact your local dealer for more info. Fits Year: 1/2000-7/2001 To view shopping cart contents, click the View Cart link above. Free Shipping Over $50.00 - 48 States Only Product Brand List Price Core Qty Air Mass Sensor OEM
B3150-253068
In Stock

Estimated standard shipping delivery time is 2-3 days.
I called to verify it is an OEM part and they said it was. On top of that, he said he could give me a better price since I was in CA and gave it to me for $205.52 incl. tax and shipping. I have a feeling this may be too good to be true but I'll keep you posted.
Prices didn't list:
list: $561.52
price: $243.95
Old 04-21-2009, 02:41 PM
bluenose

sounds like a good price , my guess is an nissan part ...good find
Old 04-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

Just another satisfide customer...
Old 04-21-2009, 05:19 PM
bluenose

i love the smell of money in the morning ...cheers
Old 04-22-2009, 03:22 PM
flywithsig

I'm still somewhat skeptical it's an OEM part but this does make me feel better.

Original part # ordered: B3150-253068
Part # shipped: W0133-1726032

The shipped part number is the same as @bluenose part from Canada that is OEM (or at least working well so far).

Lastly, when I search either of the parts numbers, B3150-253068 on sites is OEM and W0133-1726032 is OEAftermarket. Any thoughts on that or OE Aftermarket?

Thanks again y'all.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:33 PM
bluenose

if its the same part number as mine was from canada....its working great ....it also had a blue round sticker on the part when it came ...take it for what its worth ....chow

the maf nightmare ...grin
Old 04-24-2009, 12:04 PM
KyleE

Cool 01 Pathy MAS problems?????

Hi there,
I'm brand new to this site.
I've had the same problem with my 01 Pathfinder, I replaced my MAS with an aftermarket part (to try and save $400.00 bucks) but the truck wouldn't idle, the engine knock was gone, but every third light it stalled. The vendor told me my truck would adjust to the new MAS, but 2 days later it still stalled all the time?????? After this last episode, I've been a little hesitant to replace it again with something not made for my truck????
I was hoping you could clarify a few things for me?
First, that the MAS from the Maxima does work?
Second, that when you say “clear the self learn data on the car”, you mean clear the error codes with a code reader and disconnect the battery?
Old 04-24-2009, 01:47 PM
bluenose

when you disconnect the battery for say 20 minutes while installing the new part ...that clears the computer (ecm) of its memory....after hooking up the battery just to make sure clear the codes with a code reader
you are having the same problem as i had with aftermarket maf sensors , they do not work ....you need a nissan part ...on this site if you read everything there are addresses to buy cheaper nissan parts ....if you have anymore questions fire away
hope this helps some ...the part i bought worked great as soon as i turned the engine on ...no learning period , i think thats bs ...myself...they say the maxima part works , but here in newbrunswick the maxima part and the pathfinder part at the dealership cost the same $599 plus 15% tax ....came you spell rip off
Old 04-24-2009, 06:22 PM
KyleE

Thanks for the info!!!! I'm going to order it from one of the site's sponsers.
Is there anyone better to deal with in shipping to Canada.
And just making sure they are OEM parts.
Thanks again
kyle E
Old 04-24-2009, 06:29 PM
bluenose

i bought my part of canada , had it shipped free in 2 days

Nissan Parts in Canada- Buy Nissan Parts - OEM Nissan Auto Parts - Aftermarket Nissan Parts Auto Parts in Canada. OEM and Aftermarket Canada Auto Parts!
Old 05-05-2009, 12:22 PM
flywithsig

My saga is also finally over. The part I bought from the above has worked great. It, like blue nose, had the blue dot on it and, if not OEM, is working fine. Installed it, drove 100 miles then had it smog tested which it passed no problem. Good luck.