Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2001 Pathfinder Mass Airflow Sensor Forums > > 2001 Pathfinder Mass Airflow Sensor 2001 Pathfinder Mass Airflow Sensor
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 12-26-2008, 09:59 AM
2001 Pathfinder

Default A big thanks...

Wanna thank everyone that did the research on this. The 01 pathfinder was running very bad and setting all sorts of odd codes. Tried cleaning the old MAF with the can of maf cleaner and it failed totaly and would not even run. After checking the price of used and after market mafs being priced as high as $480 dealer $200 used local to $120 for the china made from ebay I got the 22680-2y001 from the local nissan dealer for $118 and the factory air filter for a few bucks more. Now its running fine with no codes. thanks for the info and huge savings...
Old 02-12-2009, 02:56 PM
robertjp

I too am joing the MAF club. Same old story, error codes but seems to be running fine. I tried MAF cleaner, code went off but then came on and off a couple more times. This has been going on for 6 months. Every time I get the codes checked it comes back to MAF sensor. OK so Ill bite the bullet but Im not spending 500 bucks when the car seems fine. (the light is driving me crazy) OK so Im gonna try the maxima part 22680-2y001 and see how it goes but I want to know if I can use just the sensor and leave the hollow tube in place? Ive taken the sensor out a few times and I dont have any problems with that. Can I leave the tube in place?
Also to clear the code, do I have to disconnect the neg battery connection before installing it? Thanks, this site is awesome. BP

Last edited by robertjp; 02-12-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:03 PM
bluenose

Default maf sensor

my experience with maf sensor , cel comes on while highway driving , tried cleaning the sensor , did not help ....bought an aftermarket sensor off ebay $211 delievered to my door to Canada from the states ...at lot cheaper than the dealer ....how to install (1) disconnect the negative terminal , needs to be disconnected for at least 30 minutes this clears the ecm (computer) install new maf sensor , not a big job, clear codes after connecting the battery.... drive the pathfinder to teach the ecm it has a new sensor , drive normal , this will set the sensor working properly ....job done hope this helps someone
Old 03-13-2009, 08:11 PM
bluenose

Default just to add

yes you can just change the sensor ...tube is a tube ...or install the whole tube deal with sensor whatever you want ...don't buy from dealer its a pile of cash 500...they say the maxama works as well cheaper than pathfinder sensor ....ebay is cheaper still ...total 211 thats delievered shipping and all...got in a week.....usa to canada
Old 03-13-2009, 08:19 PM
bluenose

Default star screwdriver bits

if you want to remove the bolts , just use a small pair of vice grips...forget the star security screwdriver bits ..... like the commerical on tv says save your money .....
Old 03-14-2009, 01:14 AM
bluenose

Default removing just maf sensor

after i installed the new tube and sensor , i took the old tube assembly and removed the two screws with my needle nose visegribs easily, the sensor is in there tight ,it seals with a rubber o ring ...turn the sensor itself sideways first and work it and work it by hand , the rubber gets dry and holds pretty good ...after some working the sensor came loose and out ...so you could change just the sensor ....but the sensor assembly i bought came as a unit so i installed it that way

hope all this blaa blaa helps someone that maynot have much experience ...cheers
Old 03-14-2009, 01:26 AM
bluenose

Default you can perchase a sensor from this guy

[email protected]

his name is eric and i had a pleasant experience dealing with him , he also explained to me that i needed to reset the ecm ....so he was helpful as well...thats about all i can add as per this sensor ..i also replace a variable cam positing sensor a couple of years back , i bought that from the dealership at the time cost was about $120 it worked well ...pathfinder has two positioning sensors , because its double over head cam , only one was bad also has a o2 sensor replace under warrenty ...other than that my pathfinder has been a great vehicle, now if i can only figure out where the next 50,000 plus will come from for another one down the road in another ten years

iam out of here ....cheers
martimer..good people rule
Old 03-14-2009, 04:13 PM
robertjp

I too replaced just the sensor and not the tube and it worked out fine. The truck runs great, light went out, and I saved about 400 bucks using the maxima part. I also didnt reset anything. So far so good. Thanks for the $400 tip.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:57 AM
bluenose

Default after market maf sesnor

my experience with after market maf sensors is you need to reset the ecm , by disconnecting the negative battery terminal for 30minutes and then drive your vehicle to teach the ecm you have a different sensor ....if you are installing an nissan part you may get away without the reset...this is only what i have found , only for your information , just trying to help out ...perhaps iam wet behind the ears, but this is what i have learn from me doing my reseach and repairs my self ....so far so good ....cheers ...hope this information helps some one new to this get on track ...after all thats what this site is all about ....later brothers
Old 03-15-2009, 01:19 PM
bluenose

Default site for resetting the ecm

YouTube - How to Reset the ECM
Old 03-15-2009, 06:03 PM
bluenose

Default maf sensor

i bought an aftermarket sensor , it would stop my engine from idling at times and showed a code p0160,,,just did not work so im going to try the maxima sensor ....hope it works , because iam afraid if i buy it and it acts up i will not be able to return it ....i have tried everything , clearing the ecm and the aftermarket one is not pulling its weight its going back ....
Old 03-19-2009, 05:32 PM
bluenose

Default my saga is over with maf sensor

after buying 2 maf sensors from e-bay and finding out they just do not work well , engine would stall during idle , i order a genuine nissan part from a canadian supplier , this sensor works great , the dealer wanted $599 for pathfinder and $599 for maxima, i payed $330 from the canadian supplier , the part was delievered in just 2 days free for orders over $75, here is the site if you would like to use it

Nissan Parts in Canada- Buy Nissan Parts - OEM Nissan Auto Parts - Aftermarket Nissan Parts Auto Parts in Canada. OEM and Aftermarket Canada Auto Parts!

my experience , when it comes to sensors , you need a genuine part

if i took my pathfinder to the dealer to have it fixed i would of payed at least $800 , my cost with taxes $373...i saved $427 at least doing this myself
cheers
Old 04-08-2009, 12:19 PM
robertjp

Coop,

Its not hard at all. Loosen 2 screws, unsnap it, pull it out. Thats it.

Last edited by robertjp; 04-08-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:01 PM
2001 Pathfinder

Im still using the nissan part # 22680-2y001 I got from the nissan dealer last year that goes in the maxima. Under $120 in my 01 3.5 pathfinder works great and not a code from the day I installed it.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:03 PM
bluenose

Default air flow sensor

here is canada its seems at least here in fredericton new brunswick ...the maxima part and the pathfinder part are both priced the same $599 plus tax ...so no savings ...thats why i bought from a internet supplier a nissan part for $320...both parts are the same ....if you can get the part for a maxima cheaper ...bonus

Tags
2001, airflow, mass, pathfinder, sensor