Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2004 pathfinder 3.5L DTC 1130 Forums > > 2004 pathfinder 3.5L DTC 1130 2004 pathfinder 3.5L DTC 1130
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 10-23-2019, 09:38 AM
2004 Pathfinder

Default 2004 pathfinder 3.5L DTC 1130

I can't seem to find the issue with this code. I've replaced the swirl control Solenoid valve and tested it with voltage and heard it clicking. It doesn't seem to activate the actuator. I tested the actuator by applying vacuum with a vacuum tester/hand pump and it operates as It seems it should. I followed the guidelines in the factory service manual for testing. Intake manifold gaskets have been replaced and are not leaking. All vacuum lines either new or clear.
There is vacuum at the manifold but it doesn't seem to be getting to the actuator.
While the manifold ( top and bottom) were of I cleaned them and they are like new. Butterflies were and are moving as they should. Vehicle still jerks under load or hard acceleration. the only code is 1130
Any ideas would be helpful
Old 10-24-2019, 12:43 PM
2004 Pathfinder

crickets.....
Old 11-21-2019, 02:03 PM
2004 Pathfinder

Fixed
For those interested:
I ended up replacing the Swirl control check switch-It's a dealer only part.
To test it:
Turn Key switch on
Pull Vacuum hose Leading TO the switch
Apply vacuum to the switch ( i used a manual vacuum pump from harbor freight)
Through the opening in the front of the engine, behind the fan and below the Swirl control solenoid valve, See if the Swirl control actuator operates. If it does the switch is good, if it doesn't then either the actuator is bad or the switch is bad
( I had already applied to vacuum to the hose leading to the actuator and proved it was working)

If I had known about this first i would have tried it earlier. The factory manual has a diagnostic procedure that at one point told me to replace the intake manifold- I replaced the gaskets, inspected the manifold and there was nothing wrong with either.

If you've already blown out the vacuum hoses or replaced them, try this next. The control switch must operate for the Swirl control valve solenoid to operate. Several forums said to replace the solenoid first, which I did for $100 ( Autozone sells one called an EGR solenoid that is the same part) I found them elsewhere for less than the dealer-after I had already gotten one from the dealer.

I hope this helps others to figure the problem out sooner

Tags
3.5l, dtc, pathfinder