Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
7 blade trailer plugs and relays Forums > > 7 blade trailer plugs and relays 7 blade trailer plugs and relays
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 06-27-2019, 08:50 AM
2009 Pathfinder

Default 7 blade trailer plugs and relays

I hav a 2009 Pathfinder. I am removing an OEM 4 pin trailer plug and replacing with an OEM 7 blade trailer plug. Do I need any relays? If so which ones? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Old 06-29-2019, 11:32 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synkorswym View Post
I hav a 2009 Pathfinder. I am removing an OEM 4 pin trailer plug and replacing with an OEM 7 blade trailer plug. Do I need any relays? If so which ones? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
They should already be installed if you had a factory 4 pin
Old 06-29-2019, 05:32 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

You'll likely need the trailer relay, P/N 25230-7996A.

CourtesyParts | Genuine OEM Nissan Parts & Accessories
Old 06-30-2019, 04:12 AM
2015 Rogue

https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/asis...1/S/W/1SW2.PDF
Old 06-30-2019, 12:16 PM
2009 Pathfinder

Thank you for this link, I was given this set of instructions when I bought the harness. I don’t see any relays mentioned. However when I look at several other installation videos on the web using etrailer and other brands of harnesses they supply relays that need to be installed. It makes me wonder if they will be needed for an OEM harness since it wasn’t a factory installation.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:20 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Thank you for this link, I was given this set of instructions when I bought the harness. I don’t see any relays mentioned. However when I look at several other installation videos on the web using etrailer and other brands of harnesses they supply relays that need to be installed. It makes me wonder if they will be needed for an OEM harness since it wasn’t a factory installation.
If you had a 4 pin on it already then the relays would be installed. They use the same relays as the 7 pin
Old 07-02-2019, 11:26 AM
2009 Pathfinder

Everything plugged in flawlessly. The harness is installed and the relay has been installed. All blades are getting DC except the electric brake blade. Any ideas about what might be wrong or missing would be very much appreciated.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:55 PM
2009 Pathfinder

I installed the OEM plug harness, which matched perfectly to factory plugs on vehicle. Tested plug and had DC to lights, but not to trailer brake blade. In the small relay box which held 3 relays there was one relay in the trailer #1 slot. Trailer #2 relay was missing and a pump relay was also missing. Installed the trailer #2 relay then tested the plug blade for trailer brake still no DC. Checked all fuses listed as trailer fuses and they were good. Do you have any suggestions about troubleshooting this problem. Thank you for your help.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:11 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
I installed the OEM plug harness, which matched perfectly to factory plugs on vehicle. Tested plug and had DC to lights, but not to trailer brake blade. In the small relay box which held 3 relays there was one relay in the trailer #1 slot. Trailer #2 relay was missing and a pump relay was also missing. Installed the trailer #2 relay then tested the plug blade for trailer brake still no DC. Checked all fuses listed as trailer fuses and they were good. Do you have any suggestions about troubleshooting this problem. Thank you for your help.
You will only have power there if you have a trailer brake controller installed and only with the brake pressed.

Tags
blade, plugs, relays, trailer