Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Extremely rough idle, low power Forums > > Extremely rough idle, low power Extremely rough idle, low power
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 11-30-2018, 07:57 PM
2001 Pathfinder
2001 Pathfinder

Default Extremely rough idle, low power

2001 3.5

I drove my baby approximately 75 miles with no issues, other than the P1145 code, which has been an error since I bought it, 2 years ago.

I let my husband drive it and about 3 miles into his trip, he claims, that it began missing and running really really rough. The check engine light started blinking, instead of being solid on, like normal.

My baby starts but she sounds horrible and is all shaky. I bought a reader, it was showing codes (new) p1320,p0304, p0160, p1446, p1491, p0158, p0159 and
(old code) p1145.

After visual inspection we located a red and green wire that had been chewed on under the car. We replaced it with the identical wire off our parts pathy. According to wiring diagram, wire is for Evap canister, which was one of the codes. We cleared the codes and started it. Codes p0160, p1446, p1491, p0158 and p0159 disappeared. Leaving me with codes P1320, P0304 and P1145.

I am not very knowledgeable with cars, but I have four kids, and I need my 4x4, it's winter. It's been broke about 6 weeks and well getting my husband to work on it is like pulling teeth.

Things we have changed with new:
Spark Plugs
Fuel filter

Things we swapped out with parts pathy
All six coil packs
Both Crankshaft sensors
Camshaft sensor
what we believed to be the Ignition Condenser
Cleaned and oiled air filter.

I had read somewhere that MAF can cause the issues I am experiencing. My reader says that my MAF sensor is operating (at an idle) 4.35 g/s and at 2000 rpm 9.53 g/s.
Is this a good reading?

Is it possible that driving it with that chewed on wired fried part of my ECM?

ANYTHING AT ALL IS APPRECIATED

Last edited by StephanieM; 11-30-2018 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 05:51 AM
2001 Pathfinder
2001 Pathfinder

Red face FIXED!!

So we tested a bunch of sensors, and coils, all in range. Read somewhere to use electrical tape on the coil pack #4, plastic part, so we wrapped it while it was off. Put it back together, cleared codes, started it, and it was running on all cylinders again! Unfortunately, codes P1135 and P1320 are still pending and the P0304, is now red, instead of yellow (?) and I have no clue why, but I know it's not missing anymore, no shaking, no hesitation. Perhaps I just have to drive it so many miles for the codes to clear...not really sure. So if your having issues with a missing cylinder, BEFORE buying new coils, try wrapping them in electrical tape!

Tags
extremely, idle, low, power, rough