Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2006 Pathfinder Dashboard and acceleration shutdown while driving Forums > > 2006 Pathfinder Dashboard and acceleration shutdown while driving 2006 Pathfinder Dashboard and acceleration shutdown while driving
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 11-19-2018, 06:06 PM
2006 Pathfinder

Default 2006 Pathfinder Dashboard and acceleration shutdown while driving

Hey folks I have an 06 Pathfinder 2WD

Recently....and intermittently as I have been driving, the ability to accelerate starts to cut out, I can hit the gas as hard as possible and no acceleration happens. The engine continues to run, but no acceleration occurs. In addition to this the dashboard shuts off and displays the battery symbol, despite the fact that there is still power going to run the vehicle. When this happens I have to idle to the side of the road, and then typically I can turn the car off and start it up again and from there. Sometimes there is no issues, but sometimes it shuts down almost immediately. I'll attach a video of the occurrence to this post.

So far I've been to two shops, including the local Nissan dealer here and they cannot figure out the issue. They've run the car themselves, and because it happens intermittently they haven't been able to see it.

Any one have any similar experience or advice? Obviously this is very frustrating/dangerous when driving on a busy road!

Thanks for your help!
Old 11-19-2018, 06:15 PM
2006 Pathfinder

Here is a video of the occurrence. Excuse my improper use of ignition... obviously it startsz I meant to say I get no acceleration as described above. YouTube stripped the quality but I think you can see the general idea.

YouTube
Old 11-22-2018, 12:33 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

If the engine shuts off and the battery light comes on, that's to be expected. It wouldn't be a charging system issue but something other...and if there are no stored trouble codes, I would suspect possibly the fuel pressure is low or a cam or crank sensor is failing. Check the fuel pressure and confirm within specs. Cam or crank sensors are a little harder to pinpoint without a trouble code, but you could do a component check and measure the resistance of the sensors and compare to factory service manual specs.
If the battery light comes on and the engine is still running, I would suspect a charging system issue, which could be a faulty regulator, bad battery or bad cable connection to the battery...or even an ECM, as it controls the charging system (which is why there is a voltage sensor built into the negative cable). You can get a cheap voltmeter that plugs into your cigarette lighter for around $10 that will allow you to monitor your voltage. Charging system voltage should run between 13.2 to 15.2 volts.
Old 11-24-2018, 10:30 AM
2006 Pathfinder

Excellent. Thank you for the suggestions! It is much appreciated!
Old 03-18-2020, 10:42 AM
2006 Pathfinder

I have same model/year with offoad pkg and have identical problem!
Help please!
Andrea
Old 07-16-2020, 05:00 PM
2005 Pathfinder

Hi. Mine is a 2005 Pathfinder SE and I experienced the same problem. We were climbing up a mountain and suddenly the shift indicator vanished from the dash and there was no power to the vehicle. There was no shoulder to pull over so we had to just keep going up until we could pull over to a campsite. Very scary. About 4 months ago, this problem used to happen on & off but only while starting. Then the VDC and SHIFT lights came on and we spent almost $1K to get it repaired but the original problem is still there and not fixed. Obviously, this seems to be a problem that's been around. Can someone advise? Thanks
Old 09-08-2020, 04:23 PM
2005 Pathfinder

I also have this exact same issue. Replaced the throttle body. Had a shop reset the throttle/idle and today it will start but the throttle will not go above 2500 rpm, VDC, 4WD and slip light comes on and the 4/2 wheel display turns off. Help please!

Tags
acceleration, dashboard, driving, pathfinder, shutdown