Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
R51 Pathfinder exhaust help needed Forums > > R51 Pathfinder exhaust help needed R51 Pathfinder exhaust help needed
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 04-10-2020, 10:47 AM
2014 Altima Coupe

Default R51 Pathfinder exhaust help needed

Hi there, I have a badly rusted exhaust, now perforated at the joint between the hanger and the exhaust on my 2006 Pathfinder.

Now, I've been looking at parts online, looked up the factory service manual and can't make sense out of which part is going between the manifolds and the catalytic converters.

I've seen the manifolds, the catalytic converters and the muffler part that is just one big piece, joining both sides of the exhaust system. Did I miss something? I feel like I missed something. Unless the exhaust manifolds are mounted at the bottom of the engine... There's gotta be a missing piece.

Any guidance will help! Thanks!
Old 04-11-2020, 04:22 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

You have the exhaust manifolds connected to the upstream converters, both sides. Also on both sides, next is the rear converter/front pipe assembly. Then there is a "Y" pipe. Next is the main muffler (which includes the pipe that goes over the rear axle on the factory system) and last is the post muffler with tailpipe.
Old 09-17-2020, 06:20 PM
Enthusiast
2001 Pathfinder
2012 Titan Crew Cab

If your exhaust is worn out already, maybe now is the best time to get a new complete system. I recommend 4wheelonline. They carry various exhaust kits like borla, magnaflow and gibson.

Tags
exhaust, needed, pathfinder, r51