Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
P0505 Blues Forums > > P0505 Blues P0505 Blues
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 06-04-2018, 05:39 PM
1997 Pathfinder

Default P0505 Blues

So, I had the idle air control valve replaced about two years ago on a account of a P0505 code. The P0505 has returned to haunt me. I've been searching the forums and online videos. I've cleaned the throttle body with CRC throttle body cleaner. And I've used the Seafoam spray cleaning method. I've also sprayed these same cleaners (at different times) directly down the air tube leading to the IACV, while the engine was running. I've adjusted the idle air screw multiple times to get the RPM's near 700 with the engine at operating temp.. Oh yeah, and I did not forget to unplug the TPS before the adjustment, or the idle position memory reset, as described in the service manual.

The IACV may be bad, but I wanted to rule out everything and anything else before having it replaced again. It's an expensive job ($700 - $800). And I don't like the idea of pulling the plenum myself to get to the valve.

I've captured several freeze frames as sample data showing when the MIL light was triggered, below:

SAMPLE 1
-------------------------
DTCFRZF......P0505
FUELSYS1....OL-Drive
FUELSYS2....OL-Drive
LOAD_PCT....23.9
ECT (°F)......180
SHRTFI1......0.0
LONGFI1......-7.8
SHRTFI2......0.0
LONGFI2......-4.7
MAP..............8.0
RPM.............663
VSS...............0

SAMPLE 2
DTCFRZF......P0505
FUELSYS1....OL-Drive
FUELSYS2....OL-Drive
LOAD_PCT....29
ECT (°F)......174
SHRTFI1......0.0
LONGFI1.....-5.5
SHRTFI2.......0.0
LONGFI2.....-3.1
MAP.............9.5
RPM............663
VSS..............0

SAMPLE 3
DTCFRZF......P0505
FUELSYS1....OL-Drive
FUELSYS2....OL-Drive
LOAD_PCT.....27.8
ECT (°F).......178
SHRTFI1.......0.0
LONGFI1......-2.3
SHRTFI2........0.0
LONGFI2......-1.6
MAP...............6.8
RPM..............725
VSS................0

The MIL seems to be triggered when the engine is very hot. The temp. gauge needle is at or near the midpoint up the dial. As far as I can tell, the RPMs are within specs (650 - 750) at the time of the MIL. So, I don't know why the MIL would be triggered.

Does anyone know enough about the freeze frame data to give me a clue about what might be causing the MIL?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Tags
blues, p0505