Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
shudder at specific RPM Forums > > shudder at specific RPM shudder at specific RPM
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 05-31-2018, 07:54 AM
2002 Pathfinder

Default shudder at specific RPM

First of all, I've lurked here for a while and made quite a few repairs using the search function. Most notably sending the ECM off for repair and replacing the idle air valve. So thanks to everyone for that.

And now for something I can't seem to find a clear answer on:

First - no codes.

I have an 02 QX4 that if you are cruising and lift off the gas slightly (but still giving it some throttle) it shudders like it has a fouled plug. Seems to be RPM related at about 2000-2200. Can replicate the same issue at lower speeds while accelerating slowly as the revs hit the same point. Keeping the RPM steady, the shaking continues until the RPM moves out of the range.

It idles fine, and good power anywhere other than that specific range. Turning off OD does make it go away as well, which makes me think it is definitely RPM, and not speed related.

Could this be an odd problem with a coil?

Tags
rpm, shudder, specific