Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
confused Forums > > confused confused
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 04-30-2018, 04:30 AM
2002 Pathfinder

Default confused

hi i bought a used pathfinder for my son it's a 2002 se it ran great the first month.now it will shut off at random times but starts right back up run fine for days.last saturday he was driving it and it did it again.this time it cranks but won't start got it home and put the code scanner on it has codes of P0462 P0138 P0455. i replaced the fuel filter last week before it died now it says no communication between ecu and immu and no other codes also there was no check engine light when it happend.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:35 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

So, the immobilizer system, which disables the fuel pump when it doesn't recognize the key chip in the key when it's in the ignition system, is not communicating with the engine control module. So, it would make sense to have a no start/crank condition. That could be one of a number of things including shorted/open twisted wires for the CAN communication network, a bad immobilizer control unit (which mounts to the ignition key lock assembly) or even a bad ECM. My money...if I were to guess...would be on the IMMU control unit, but the only way one is going to be sure is to do the diagnostic steps listed in the factory service manual for your vehicle.

Tags
confused