Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Trailer wiring - 12v Battery Forums > > Trailer wiring - 12v Battery Trailer wiring - 12v Battery
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 06-15-2007, 12:03 PM

2007 Pathfinder SE 4x4

Default Trailer wiring - 12v Battery

I have a 2007 Pathfinder with the factory installed trailer hitch and 4 pin wiring receptacle. The trailer I have, has a 12v battery. I want to be able to charge the battery with the PF while I'm driving down the road. I've installed a 6 pin receptacle on the PF and have connected the trailer lights. That works fine. Is there and easy way to get 12v to the new 6 pin receptacle? Maybe Nissan stubbed out a plug for this purpose and maybe trailer brakes?
Thanks
Chris Crum
Sacramento
Old 06-15-2007, 02:07 PM
2015 Rogue

There is a wire with 12volts that goes to the rear for the 7 pin trailer connector. If you follow the harness for the 4 pin connector up to the left side frame reail you will find a connector that it plugs in to. Right next to it will be another two wire connector with a cap in the end. One of those wires will be 12v.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:44 PM

2007 Pathfinder SE 4x4

Default 12v

Thanks for the reply. I thought that plug might be for this purpose. Is there a part that you can buy from Nissan that will plug into this?

Chris Crum
Sacramento
Old 06-15-2007, 06:27 PM
2015 Rogue

You can buy the optional 7 pin connector.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:13 AM
BazPath

I have bought the 7 PIN wire connector, but my car, which is a 2007 Pathfinder 4.0 V6, did not come with any OEM wire harness to start with :(

My car is an export model manufactured in the US. Where does the 7 PIN harness hook up to? I have tried to look under the car, and it appears that there two possibilities: 1) behind the rear wheel well, or 2) at the rear differential box ahead of the rear wheels. I could be all wrong and it is inside the car!

If you have a wiring diagram, it can prove helpful.

Thank you.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:22 PM
Enthusiast
2005 Pathfinder

i've heard that some vehicles charge the battery on say a dump trailer and some don't some only charge when the car is running and some trickle charge all the time do you have any idea what the pathfinder does?

Tags
12v, battery, trailer, wiring