Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2000 Manual Trans rear tires spin when Engaging 1st gear Forums > > 2000 Manual Trans rear tires spin when Engaging 1st gear 2000 Manual Trans rear tires spin when Engaging 1st gear
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 02-11-2018, 07:44 AM
2000 Pathfinder

Default 2000 Manual Trans rear tires spin when Engaging 1st gear

Hi everyone.....Lil Red here in Costa Rica.

My 2000 Manual Path started doing this a few days ago...

1). When I would backup and then turn the steering to the left or right to begin 1st gear, the rear tires (depending on which way I was turning) would spin just a bit before moving forward. Imagine being on a gravel road (that's where I noticed it 1st) and the tires do a tiny spin/skid as you accelerate slowing to move forward and then off you go on your merry way without any further problems. But I have notice this happening also from a dead stop, when moving forward even on paved road. It doesn't happen when shifting into other gears, just from stops and slowing moving into 1st gear. It is only the rear tires. And the problem is just a quick skid/slip type thing (i.e. the tires aren't spinning even 1 revolution).

Taking it to my Non-english speaking mechanic, but I would like to know what someone here can tell me so I have SOME sense as to what to tell the guy.

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2018, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

How is the condition of the tires ? do you anything different when you press the clutch? If the tires are OK, then the only other thing I can think off is a problem with the clutch pressure plate.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:14 AM
2000 Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
How is the condition of the tires ? do you anything different when you press the clutch? If the tires are OK, then the only other thing I can think off is a problem with the clutch pressure plate.
The Tires are good. I don't do anything different with the clutch. But Thanks...I'll ask him about checking the pressure plate.

Tags
1st, engaging, gear, spin, tires