Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
L.E.D. Headlight Upgrade on 2017 SV Forums > > L.E.D. Headlight Upgrade on 2017 SV L.E.D. Headlight Upgrade on 2017 SV
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 11-27-2017, 07:45 AM
Enthusiast
2017 Pathfinder
2017 Pathfinder SV

Default L.E.D. Headlight Upgrade on 2017 SV

I have searched and read a lot about the LED headlights. The PF low beams are housed in projector style housing but the high beams and fogs look like standard reflector housings. In my last car, I upgraded my lows (projector style) to HIDs and left my highs halogen because I really liked the HID output and beam pattern but didn't like the delay to full brightness with HID. It appears the industry is moving from HID to LED. I would like High, Low and Fog all converted to LED at 5000 to 5500K temperature color. In reading, this temperature is optimal for output and closest to natural light (please no burns here, it's what the many articles I read has said). My HIDs where 5000K and I liked them a lot. So, for the folks that have made the change, I have some questions. Lows look like a direct replacement since the Platinum already has LEDs and I read on the forum the housing is the same.

Lows:
  1. Which bulb did you use and why? If you can post a pic or a link, it would be helpful.
  2. What sort of output Lumens are you using?
  3. Is it brighter than Halogen?
  4. Is the beam pattern comparative? Distance up front, spread and cut-off?
  5. Did you have to do any sort of adjustment to the light for the beam pattern to be correct?
  6. Would you do it again if you bought a new PF today?
Highs:
  1. Pretty much the same questions as above but I am most concerned about the beam pattern. I would prefer it to be much much better than halogen but at worse, the same. I do not want to give up visibility here.
Fogs:
  1. Again the same questions. It appears by reading that the fogs should be a lower output. What Lumen and why?
  2. Is there a cut-off for fogs built into the reflector like the lows (though lows are projector)?
Thank you in advance for your help. If there are some other bits of information that can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:21 AM
Enthusiast
2017 Pathfinder
2017 Pathfinder SV

I posted this on some other boards some time ago with no responses. I had been doing some research. I went ahead and took the plunge. These LED bulbs are all over the spectrum with some costing >$200 a pair. There are pros and cons to all of them. I was wanting to have a color temperature in the 5000K-5500K range due to them having a pure white color with no blue tint. Those seem to be the more expensive ones. I had a fog burn out so instead of waiting and doing more research, I went ahead with the cheap route to start. I bought these Auxbeam NF-S1 Series LED Bulbs for low, high and fogs. They have a 6500K temperature which I am hoping will not be too blueish. The price is great which may be an issue on quality. I wanted all lights to look the same color as I know there are variances on color temperature by manufacturer so bought 2 pairs of H11 and one pair of 9005. Looks like this is a simple job to swap. I will report back on how this goes. Here's a pic of what I purchased:

Old 12-03-2017, 04:21 AM
Enthusiast
2017 Pathfinder
2017 Pathfinder SV

I thought I saw somewhere the highs were 9005. That's what I ordered and that's what I'm returning tomorrow morning. The 2017 Pathfinder has H9 for highs. What I could find is H9s are 65W and H11s are 55W. I put H11s in the highs and lows yesterday morning and went out last night. I am happy with my purchase. The lows have a solid cutoff just like the Halogens. Both low and high appear to be better than the OEM bulbs. They are a slightly bluer tint than the DRL but not too bad. I think 5000K would match better but for this price, I think it was well worth it. I'll see how they hold up over time.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:19 AM
2013 Frontier Crew Cab
2013 Frontier Crew Cab

Best LED bulbs I've found are Auxbeam, I have them in both our 2016 Jeep Renegade and our 3013 Nissan Frontier.

Tags
headlight, l.e.d, upgrade