Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE - Heat Only When Set To 90 Degrees Forums > > 2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE - Heat Only When Set To 90 Degrees 2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE - Heat Only When Set To 90 Degrees
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 09-03-2017, 06:17 PM
2007 Pathfinder
2016 Maxima

Default 2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE - Heat Only When Set To 90 Degrees

Hi -

Really hoping some of the more knowledgeable peeps here know why I can only get heat, real heat now, whet setting the temp control to 90F in my '07 Pathy SE. I read something in a Nico Forum about the Control Assembly possibly, 27500-EA51B, but no clue, and I don't have 600+ to throw at a dash removal - I had to do that previously for a problem with Max A/C not working due to a fried blower door motor. I baby the crap out of this truck and I have been the only owner for 120k miles and 10 + years. I am very handy and if directed properly would love to fix this myself. The aforementioned part also seems to run roughly $350 using a general Google search. Thanks in advance experts.

-Chris
Old 09-03-2017, 08:48 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

I'm assuming you have auto climate control? If so, there is a self-diagnostic test in the factory service manual's "ATC" chapter. It checks the sensors, mode door motors, CAN system, etc. There are several places where you can download whole service manuals for free; try Nico Club's site. Also make sure your coolant level is not low and it is reaching normal operating temperature. If you see your coolant gauge needle reading near the cool end of the range, you may have a stuck open thermostat.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:31 AM
2007 Pathfinder
2016 Maxima

Default 2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE - Heat Only When Set To 90 Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj999smj View Post
I'm assuming you have auto climate control? If so, there is a self-diagnostic test in the factory service manual's "ATC" chapter. It checks the sensors, mode door motors, CAN system, etc. There are several places where you can download whole service manuals for free; try Nico Club's site. Also make sure your coolant level is not low and it is reaching normal operating temperature. If you see your coolant gauge needle reading near the cool end of the range, you may have a stuck open thermostat.
Thanks for the reply SMJ - pretty funny, looking at the forums, I had a feeling you might be kind enough to reply! Yes, correct, I have the ATC, and already have access to the shop manual pieces, I did download page 50 with the diag instructions... I remember trying that when I had the A/C issue and it didn't work.

Sure enough, can't get it to go into DIAG mode. Pressed 'AUTO,' twisted passenger and fan knobs to the left, and I then hit ' AUTO,' again.... nothing. Tried with ignition at 'On' and with her running. Multiple tries and no result of fan bars blinking and/or fault codes.

Is this enough to call the problem out as the Control Assembly? Obviously it is working at some level, fan works, different modes, etc. Can I 'reset' by pulling the neg. battery cable for a bit? These things are $350 new and I don't trust a used one in the $130 range. Either way a lot of money to gamble on an unknown. Again, really appreciate the reply.

-Chris
Old 10-07-2017, 04:40 AM
2007 Pathfinder
2012 Pathfinder

Default Climate Control inop

2012 Pathfinder- climate control would not contol temp. Either blasting cold or blasting hot. No inbetween temps at all. Final solution was the cabin temp sensor was clogged with dirt, dust and fuzz to the extent the sensor fan would not even turn. Vaccumed, cleaned and reinstalled and works as designed.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:11 PM
2007 Pathfinder
2016 Maxima

Default Question on Sensor

Skycreech1 - where is the cabin temp sensor? I am a bit of a neat freak so if it is clogged I would be surprised, but definitely worth checking!!

Thanks - Chris
Old 10-24-2017, 04:52 PM
2007 Pathfinder
2012 Pathfinder

The sensor is in the lower dash at the drivers right knee. You can see slits in the dash that allows the cabin air to circulate thru the sensor. You have to remove the lower dash panel that surrounds the steering column, remove two sensor screws and it will fall out attached to the connector. If that is the problem it will be obvious. You can run the a/c in auto mode and you can see the small fan run or not. Mine was so clogged ir did not turn. I dis connected it from the wire and vacuumed it and reinstalled. Only 50000 mi.

Tags
degrees, heat, nissan, pathfinder, set