Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
'02 Pathfinder ECM and ICV replacement ???? Forums > > '02 Pathfinder ECM and ICV replacement ???? '02 Pathfinder ECM and ICV replacement ????
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 01-02-2017, 05:47 AM
2002 Pathfinder

Default '02 Pathfinder ECM and ICV replacement ????

Hey all. I'm looking at buying an '02 Pathfinder.

The seller states that it needs an ECM and ICV replacement. Apparently the ICV 'shorted out' in his words, and damaged the ECM.
A dealer told him those were the repairs needed after running a diagnostics test on it.

All the lights, electrical, and accessories work and the motor cranks and cranks, but won't fire.

Question is, can i swap the ECM and install a new ICV myself, and is there any type of re-programming that needs to be done with the ECM?

Basically, can someone please tell me the steps involved to do the ECM and ICV replacement?

Thank you.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:58 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

This is not an uncommon problem on some Pathfinders and Maximas. There are several companies that repair ECM damage caused by this. Check out Circuit Board Medics or Google "Nissan ECM repair." Chances are you have a transponder key. You may be able to get the ECM repaired without losing the memory for the transponder key. Otherwise, you will have to have the keys re-initialized to the ECM. If not, the anti-theft system will disable the fuel pump and keep the security light "on."
Old 01-07-2017, 09:31 AM
2001 Pathfinder

Sorry to cut in since I have the same problem as OP with a 01 QX4. I am planning to buy the HITACHI ABV0043 to replace the IACV sensor but do I need to replace the valve body as well? By the way OP, if I am not wrong, the black sensor which the green arrow is pointing is the IACV sensor.

Secondly, I am planning to disconnect the ECM and has it send to the States for repair. My problem now is, I have the harness disconnected but don't know how to remove it.

Anyone has experience, please kindly help, what is my next step? Please.

Last edited by apvm; 01-07-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:57 AM
2001 Pathfinder
2001 Pathfinder

I am having similar issue...2001 pathfinder...new Idol Control Valve and ECM installed, but the individual didn't change the ignition\Immobilization unit that came with the new EMC, he only changed the chip, which activated the Immobilization system, so it cranks over but won't start.
I spoke with a mechanic today that said that the new ignition that came with the EMC needs to be installed, that I then need to do the relearn procedure and that should fix the problem. No need to take it to dealer and have system synced.
It is my understanding that if you change any one of the EMC, Ignition or key chip that YOU MUST have it Synced but that if you buy all three as a set (emc,ignition,key chip) they come synced already.
Wondering if this is true?
I also discovered that after installing an IAV you MUST also do the relearn procedure

Tags
ecm, icv, pathfinder, replacement