Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Electrical Issue Forums > > Electrical Issue Electrical Issue
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 11-30-2016, 08:28 PM
2006 Pathfinder

Default Electrical Issue

Hi All,

I hope someone on here can assist with this.

Last night I noticed my radio light blinking while driving and was nervous about a possibility of the truck stalling while I was driving. It was raining pretty good and thought of possible water issue causing this. Remembering that the mechanic had recently changed the harness to my passenger side fog light I turned my fog lights off on a guess, and the blinking and flickering stopped. As a test I turned them back on, and it started it again: so of-course I turned the fog lights off.

Originally I noticed the one fog light was out and I tapped it, which made it come back on. So I thought the harness harness may be loose. Upon checking, I noticed it had some burning and melting on the harness. I took it to the mechanic and he swapped it out stating the car had no signs of a short. All was fine will last night, and I am wondering if there could be a short, or just possibly water seeping in between the harness and light.

I have not had a chance to troubleshoot due to the rain, but was wondering if anyone on here had any ideas.

Tags
electrical, issue