Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
06 Pathfinder VDC OFF Light Forums > > 06 Pathfinder VDC OFF Light 06 Pathfinder VDC OFF Light
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 04-29-2013, 03:19 PM
2006 Pathfinder
2000 Sentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorrode865 View Post
I posted here many months ago about my VDC slip light coming on and staying on. I have an 06 pathfinder LE. when my light came on I read that the vehicles sensor are very particular about the alignment of the vehicle. When the car is out of align (even just a little) it may throw the VDC light. I took my car into my tire shop and had them align my vehicle. At first, no change but i noticed the Pathfinder was still pulling ever-so slightly to the right. I took the pathfinder back in and had them do a more thorough job. I left and within a couple miles, the VDC slip light went off and hasn't been back on in months. I feel like the "alignment" is often overlooked and should probably be the first thing looked at in the VDC slip light procedural fix.
I had to go back to the Nissan dealer I purchased it from as the lights came back on a week later. When they replaced the ABS module that still needed to be replaced as it was reading the pressure was too high I believe.

They replaced a brake sensor and checked some other things that Nissan recommended, neither of which was the alignment though.

It seems the brake sensor (or whatever it's called) that was replaced corrected the issue.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:56 AM
2006 Pathfinder

VDC & Slip light come on randomly. While driving the Pathfinder looses power for a second sometimes or will loose power completely & hope I can pull over safely. Sometimes I can restart right away other times I have to wait up to 20 min before it will restart. We have changed ABS sensors, new electric box & still same issue. No idea what else to do & I'm still making payments. Suggestions?
Old 03-04-2016, 07:49 AM
2006 Pathfinder

Thumbs down 06 Pathfinder LE VDC OFF

My 06 Pathfinder's (LE) control panel looks like a Christmas tree with all the lights that won't go off. The tire pressure light, the check engine light, now the VDC OFF / Slip lights.... UGH. My mechanic can make the tire and check engine lights go off temporarily but they always come back on within a day or two.

I have read 4 different "solutions" to the VDC on here today: The brake relay switch, tilt the wheel and reset, ABS control modules and wheel alignment. Sounds like a whole bunch of expensive Poke 'n Hope to me.

- I'm about to think there really isn't a solution to any of these lights beyond yanking the bulbs out. Whether it is related or not - a few days ago my car started choking as it went down the road (such as a dirty fuel filter issue), and yesterday it died completely as I sat at a stop sign. Immediately after, the VDC came on for the first time. This morning it is not on.

I love my Pathfinder, and I love Nissan in general, but the Christmas-tree appearance of my dash looks trashy and annoying.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:31 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Have you has the ECM relay replaced, yet? It was recalled a few years ago. The other thing I would check is the charging system. If the charging system is charging too low or too high, it will play havoc with multiple systems and can cause stalling.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:42 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_mcfarland View Post
My mechanic can make the tire and check engine lights go off temporarily but they always come back on within a day or two.
I have read 4 different "solutions" to the VDC on here today:
1. Simply erasing the OBD check engine light will not solve the problem. Your mechanic should have told you what the trouble codes are and fix them.
2. The VDC issue requires the ABS Scan tool. The OBD scanner will not work. You can read all possible solutions but you don't know which one to implement until you know what the problems are. So scan your ABS system.

Tags
light, pathfinder, vdc