Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Ignition coil misfire Forums > > Ignition coil misfire Ignition coil misfire
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 05-13-2016, 05:08 PM
2005 Pathfinder

Question Ignition coil misfire

Hello,
I have a 2005 Pathfinder. Check Engine light came on two days ago and I took it to a mechanic. Plugged in scanner and it said Camshaft sensor needed to be changed. We got both changed to new ones and then it was fine. They the next day light came back on and this time it was the ignition coil (2) so we replaced it and then driving home from the shop the light came back on and so I stopped at an Auto Zone and had them check the light. Said same thing about the same ignition coil. Told the guy we had just changed it but my mechanic was closed for the day so I stopped there to see what it was. The guy at Auto Zone said I needed to just drive it some more to give it time to reset?! Is that correct? Or should I take it back to my mechanic on Monday? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:09 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

You should definitely go back to your mechanic and get info on ignition coil they put in. It's also possible the coil is faulty. Also research online the type of coil for your vehicle.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:29 PM
2005 Pathfinder

The coil was purchased by me at an AutoZone and taken to the mechanic. I watched him change it and then on my way home from his shop the check engine light came back on. It was too late to go back because he closed right after I left so I stopped at an AutoZone on my way home to have them check the light and the scanner said it was the same thing.

Tags
coil, ignition, misfire