Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Starting 09 Nissan Pathfinder Forums > > Starting 09 Nissan Pathfinder Starting 09 Nissan Pathfinder
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 01-17-2016, 01:23 PM
Enthusiast
2009 Pathfinder
2009 Pathfinder SE

Default Starting 09 Nissan Pathfinder

This is a V-6 Engine
All of a sudden, the Nissan decided to not start. When you turn the key to crank it, it either clicks or acts like the starter is dragging. If to keep the key turned over to crank, it sounds like the starter is dragging, then starts. But then the gauges will jump up and down for a few seconds, and return to normal with the correct readings. VERY Strange to say the least.

Need HELP for sure

Also where is the starter relay located?

Thanks

Last edited by nottus; 01-17-2016 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Add Engine type
Old 01-18-2016, 06:15 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Pathfinder
2005 Pathfinder
2005 R51 SE-OR & SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottus View Post
This is a V-6 Engine
All of a sudden, the Nissan decided to not start. When you turn the key to crank it, it either clicks or acts like the starter is dragging. If to keep the key turned over to crank, it sounds like the starter is dragging, then starts. But then the gauges will jump up and down for a few seconds, and return to normal with the correct readings. VERY Strange to say the least.

Need HELP for sure

Also where is the starter relay located?

Thanks
have you checked the battery condition, cable clamps clean & tight, battery posts clean?
have you tried a different battery, or tried starting your truck with jumper cables from another known good battery?
Old 01-18-2016, 06:33 AM
Enthusiast
2009 Pathfinder
2009 Pathfinder SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryart View Post
have you checked the battery condition, cable clamps clean & tight, battery posts clean?
have you tried a different battery, or tried starting your truck with jumper cables from another known good battery?
Battery was checked, ( load tested),It doesn't make any difference , jumped or not. It just acts like the starter is dragging, BUT it will crank if you keep the key turned in start, but the gauges doing as I said in the first post, doesn't make sense.

Last edited by nottus; 01-18-2016 at 06:35 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-18-2016, 06:41 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Pathfinder
2005 Pathfinder
2005 R51 SE-OR & SE

the only time I've seen the gauges jumping around was with a crap battery and/or poor battery connections
did you remove the battery to load test it?
how old is the battery?
Old 01-18-2016, 01:23 PM
Enthusiast
2009 Pathfinder
2009 Pathfinder SE

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryart View Post
the only time I've seen the gauges jumping around was with a crap battery and/or poor battery connections
did you remove the battery to load test it?
how old is the battery?
I agree with you on the CRAP battery, No they loaded tested it hooked up in the vehicle. It was 4 1/2 years old. I went out this morning and had no inside lights, needless to say it didn't even start to crank, not even a click,click. I just got back from getting a new battery. Should be fine now.

THANKS for the replies people.
Old 01-18-2016, 02:22 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Pathfinder
2005 Pathfinder
2005 R51 SE-OR & SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottus View Post
I agree with you on the CRAP battery, No they loaded tested it hooked up in the vehicle. It was 4 1/2 years old. I went out this morning and had no inside lights, needless to say it didn't even start to crank, not even a click,click. I just got back from getting a new battery. Should be fine now.

THANKS for the replies people.
glad to hear it & you're welcome!

Tags
nissan, pathfinder, starting