Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
1999 Pathfinder Cylinder 6 Misfire Forums > > 1999 Pathfinder Cylinder 6 Misfire 1999 Pathfinder Cylinder 6 Misfire
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 12-27-2015, 11:40 AM
1999 Pathfinder

Default 1999 Pathfinder Cylinder 6 Misfire

First off, this site is awesome and I have been able to fix several issues with this car by reading old posts.

I was getting the P0325 knock sensor code for the past 4 months. I would clear the code and it would come back all by itself or with code P0326. Finally I decided to perform the knock sensor relocation and of course these codes disappeared and have not returned. However they were immediately replaced by a cylinder 6 misfire code P0306. I have replaced the distributor cap, plugs and wires but the misfire on cylinder 6 continues. Man that number 6 plug was fun. For the most part, the car runs great and only has 99,000 miles. The misfire only seems to occur on warm re-start. The engine runs rough for about 4 or 5 minutes on warm restart and the check engine light will flash and then stay on. After the 4 or 5 minutes the engine runs perfect again. Is this likely to be the #6 fuel injector? any help would be really appreciated- Thanks
Old 12-27-2015, 05:31 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

It could be the fuel injector. There was a TSB for fuel injectors on the VG33E engines. Basically, it recommended doing a professional fuel injection service, like those offered by 3M and BG Products that uses cleaner in a stand alone container pressurized by air and allows the engine to run off of the cleaner, alone. If the service doesn't correct the issue, then they instruct to replace the fuel injector.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:32 PM
1999 Pathfinder

Thanks smj for the info on the TSB. I took the car over to my local shop only to find they don't do the injector flush service so for fun decided to call the dealer. The Nissan mechanic said he wouldn't recommend doing the flush service on the VG33E for a misfire because he hasn't seen that fix a fuel injector on this model engine. Not sure what to do next.....

Tags
1999, cylinder, misfire, pathfinder