Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
'96 Pathy  Blower Motor Question Forums > > '96 Pathy  Blower Motor Question '96 Pathy Blower Motor Question
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Pathfinder Nissan Pathfinder Discussion Forum

Old 12-17-2015, 10:44 PM
1996 Pathfinder

Default '96 Pathy Blower Motor Question

Hi all, thanx in advance. I love my '96 Pathy SE with 218k mi, but sometimes it gets cold in CT in December. My blower motor has become problematic. It started by working intermittantly but all 3 speeds worked (4 if you count the auto setting). After checking out tons of threads I figured the easiest thing to do was to replace the amp so I picked up an amp from a recent crash for $30 after which I now leave the glove box and housing in the back seat. I have no blower action until it comes up to temp and I give it a gentle whack with the wrench I now keep on my passenger seat which gets the blower going but not near the RPMs and it seems to be working pretty hard. At idle it hardly does anything, tends to speed up with higher engine speeds and even set on high it fades out completely when stopped at a light with brakes applied. Any advice would be appreciated as to whether you think this might be mechanical (I hope) or electrical (not my forte). I look forward to your suggestions.
Tommy
Old 12-17-2015, 11:29 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

It sounds like you need a new blower motor by your description, especially the part where is starts working when you whack it with a wrench. Try wiggling the harness plug to make sure it's not a bad connection there before you replace the motor. They aren't too bad to change. Unplug it, disconnect the drain hose and three bolts and lower out of the blower case. If needed, transfer the cage onto the new motor and reverse procedure to install. Rockauto.com has them in the $25-40 range, depending on brand and w/ or w/out cage.

Last edited by smj999smj; 12-17-2015 at 11:33 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:40 AM
1996 Pathfinder

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks. I found a blower motor for $29 with free shipping in Texas. Installation only took about ten minutes and it is now running like a swiss watch. I wish everything were that easy.

Tags
blower, motor, pathy, question